· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Once I get my electric work in and upgrade my breakers I will be tying in my full breeder set up. I have 39 total tanks, My main tanks for discus will be kept in house where I have my pair currently. I am going to expand that to 6 pairs over time. I then have a drip system set up for a breeding rack thats being built. Looking forward to that 100%... Just slow set up.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

0 Not allowed!
    Yea, major builds always require awhile to plan, thats why my plan only calls for 9 show tanks, the plumbing will be the tough part

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Not really. I recommend you youtube Uarujoey. His latest video is a set up of a lot of breeding racks. Its a very simple process weather you use stem pipe overflows dripping down to the next tank or sponge filters, or whatever.

Personally I am going to be using stem pipes in all my tanks, the pipe goes just like an overflow, then an elbow on the bottom of the tank flows into the tank below it. From there, all you really have to plumb is the bottom line of tanks and that can go into a home made wet dry that can cost as little as 15 bucks. The big money is on a quality mag drive to allow enough water turn over.

0 Not allowed!
    Yea I saw that, very interesting by having the water flow top to bottom, only thing I see with that is if you use a heater in your sump the coldest water will be in lower tanks.

I am thinking of drilling each tank which scares the daylights out of me

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I like urajoeys vids, now that you mention it, I'm going to look into a drip system for the rack. The biggest costs are probably going to be my mag drive pumps and the air pump.

Looking forward to seeing both of your set ups, guess MTS is in full swing for all of us!

0 Not allowed!
    Mag drive, probably around $100 with air pump around $150. But you are looking at airpump and mag drive? going to have overflow and sponge filter?

See I couldn't do a drip system because how would I add dechlor to the water (without getting way to complicated)

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Heck yeah! MTS is rampant... i still search CL for free tanks daily lol.

I really think that with propper turn over, and the fact that your tanks are going to be in the house and you are heating the room, you will have minimal heat loss. This is even more true if you are going to be housing so few tanks on this rack. I think that based on application, the fish you stock will get more of a consistant level for temps and being that all fish we generally house in these tanks are fine from 75-82, you should be fine if you go from 82 on the top and end up with 78 on the bottom. Also it wont be a common thing to consistantly change levels for whatever fish you are moving around.

Me, I have an insulated garage in FLorida that stays above 70 degrees in the dead of night mid winter. I almost dont even need a heater save for the fact that discus is my primary fish.

0 Not allowed!
    Sandz... you suck. lol, my weather temp swing 0*-90* lol, and my house temp swing to a min of 62* to 78*, but I'll have to look into plumbing that way. Its going to be the dwarf cichlids on lower two levels with shrimp on top level, so I need two pumps anyway :(

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My original plan was to have sponge filters in all the tanks and no overflow. The tanks would be drilled but for the sole purpose of water changes ( 1 inflow, 1 drainage).

My trend of thought was centred around removing all the excess food/waste at the same time of the water change without having to use a siphon.

If I choose to go with drip/overflow option solely and have a siphon separately for waste at the bottom, will there be enough oxygen ?

0 Not allowed!
    hmmm... depends, would you have any plants? if not I think you would need a air source, but I really don't want to say something if I'm not positive, you have some pricey fish there lol

Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast