· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Sorry for you loss, wish it was a real one. - steeler58 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA It's fish flake friday, like the old days!! - steeler58 Beer makes monday not suck so bad.. - Sandz In honor of Steelers 5k posts! - Sandz 
    Couldn't give you rep, yet, but you deserve it with your contributions in the Discus/Angel thread.  Thanks! - KevinVA T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Just for you being you! - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Have a Rummy nose for oldtimes sake ;-) - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Geez Mojo, how's the fish doing since it's been moved to QT? I'm really hoping better then what I saw in the video. It does look like it could be swim bladder (no expert here) his coloration is still very good so hoping that's all it is.

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    I would put my money 100% toward swim bladder as well Mojo. Does this fish eat the new homemade food? I wonder if there is something in there that would have caused it... What exactly is the fish eating and what steps have been taken since you posted?
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for both of your replies, sadly he isn't doing so well. He's still very active and it looks like he is stressing him out more. I've looked at countless videos on youtube and this is probably one of the worst cases of swim bladder I've seen. I tried to squeeze the boiled peas but he didn't take to that.

So next I tried a pinch of freeze dried black worms which is usually like cat nip for them but he didn't eat either. I performed a water change, and mixed a little aquarium salt and increased aeration. If he doesn't improve by tomorrow morning I think I'm going to euthanize him. He's worse now than he was in the video, his gills look enflamed and he's losing his coloration fast.

The tank is fed primarily new life spectrum thera a and discus formula pellets. I treat with high protein freeze dried black worms. To make maters worse, today I cleaned my uv sterilizer for the first time since my tank has been established (less than a year) and I was ready to replace the $65 UV bulb when it dislodged itself in the quartz housing and fractured. After I cleaned my Fx5, the full weight, 60lbs filled, slipped and lodged against my finger so that was fun.

I've never had much go wrong in this tank, minor algae for the most, but today takes the cake. Thanks again for both of your replies

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Sorry for you loss, wish it was a real one. - steeler58 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA It's fish flake friday, like the old days!! - steeler58 Beer makes monday not suck so bad.. - Sandz In honor of Steelers 5k posts! - Sandz 
    Couldn't give you rep, yet, but you deserve it with your contributions in the Discus/Angel thread.  Thanks! - KevinVA T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Just for you being you! - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Have a Rummy nose for oldtimes sake ;-) - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Hey Mojo, so sorry to hear the fish isn't improving and yes you've had one heck of a rough day. They say bad things happen in "3's" so hopefully you've had all three happen at once and things will get back to normal for you. The whole swimbladder issue with this species really has me scratching my head though...

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hey yeah it has me pulling my hair out practically. I was researching medication and I in one of the diagnostic pictures I noticed something familiar. Apparently they have septcimia noted by their red stripes on some of them. They also look bloated and are darting more than usual. I've decided to treat the entire tank.

All I can get right now is Tetra parasite guard so I'm going to dose the entire tank with that and after that treatment is completed, I will treat with fungal guard to get rid of the septcimia.

Ideally I would want to treat with metro and prazi pro but those tetra tabs are the closest I can get for at least a week. I really can't afford to lose these fish right now :/

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366923738.170351.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366923753.100401.jpg

This particular male seems to be among the worst in the bunch right now. He just stayed to the top but he's back schooling right now.

I wonder if this was brought on by the high protein diet? My water parameters are perfect at the moment.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    From what I've read about septicemia it usually has to do with ammonia spike/water quality...not something I would think of in regard to your tank. This is the same fish from the video? Don't mind me, if I'm not sure, I ask. I give credit to anyone who can correctly diagnose fish disease, other than googling like crazy I've purchased several books on fish diseases and treatments and find pinpointing an illness extremely difficult, especially in small fish (they're tiny, move fast and refuse to hold still while I stand in front of the aquarium with a magnifying glass). I did use fungus guard with my redeye tetras when I noticed red streaks in their dorsal fins and it worked nicely, they are all out of qt and back in the main tank. I don't believe I had any type of water quality issue either but did lose 5 of my black phantom tetras to an as of yet "undiagnosed" but often discussed issue that KevinVA and I have gone through.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I really appreciate your reply. Well you're right, everything I read says septcimia is related to water quality. To be honest I noticed very faint red lines on them a couple weeks ago but I ignored it as it was the same time they began to show more vibrant coloration.

I have 12 wanams, 11 in the main and 1 in a small qt which has the swim bladder issue. I read that the septcimia could have caused the swim bladder issue which reinforces the fact that I believe it is septcimia and internal parasites that cause the bloating.

I will test my parameters again tomorrow but my tank is well established. I don't see any way I would get a spike and when I checked two days ago everything read normal.

I will post back after the treatment has completed or if there are any further developments. I'm really not in the mood to lose a couple hundred bucks in fish that should be perfectly healthy due to how particular I am about my tank.

On a positive note (finally some good news) I got my red tiger lotus bulbs today and submerged them. Thanks @KevinVA for suggesting aquaicmagic!

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Mojo, you keep discus and successfully, the tank shouldnt have spikes at all. The change in diet with messy eaters could add to the toxic excretions? geeze this is hard to think of. Can you think of any direct cause? I mean the home made food doesnt have any potential dangerous things in it does it?

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Man honestly I don't know what could have caused it. I could only assume its the azoo food. I don't feed home made food at all. There is a bit of plant die off from the new crypts changing to their submerged form but ammonia levels were 0 when I checked.

They look slightly less bloated today but the red marks from the septicimia looks way more prevalent.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Damn... how about breathing rate? Eratic swimming? I mean you already have your course of treatment for now so mostly you could just lay back and watch what happens.

Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast