· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys I legit stuck my phone on the glass to get those pics, came out just the way I intended minus the green hue. I got my chemiclean and replacement bulb for my uv sterilizer today, along with some stuff for another project I have in the works ;)

Just waiting for those last two albino leopards to be sold then I'll hit the tank with the chemiclean, I read everywhere that it's completely fish and reef safe but I still want to wait. The cyanobacteria is just an eyesore. I actually saw one of my bolivian rams eat a fairly large dislodged piece of the cyano that was floating, not sure what will be the effects of that but there was nothing I could have done.

A lot more pictures to come as soon as I get the tank where I want it, better high quality macro shots also, thanks again for all the compliments everyone I really appreciate it.

Endangered Species 150G Journal
    Discus Grow Out 65G Journal

'No disrespect intended, but I tell it like it is.'

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I wonder how a red tiger lotus forrest would look on the barren right side of my tank,hmm..

0 Not allowed!
    That could be pretty cool, actually. They do grow rather slowly and remain short for a while, but they're very interesting looking plants. I say go for it.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah probably going to do it. My supplier has to import them for me so I have to get at least 12 so I might take 8 red tiger lotuses and 4 of the green ones

0 Not allowed!
    If you don't want that many, you can always buy some from Aquatic Magic. I bought two bulbs from them and they're both alive and well. They ship from Malaysia for free and take about 1-2 weeks to arrive.

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks bro you just saved me a lot of cash I just bought 3 off their ebay store :D

0 Not allowed!
    Hey, anytime I can help. =]

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Seeing as though I will no longer have discus in this tank Im able to finally have a rare/fancy pleco.

My stock list will be:

12 lake wanam rainbows
    20 Denison barbs (temporarily) Reselling 8 of them.
    One rare/fancy pleco

The 6 Bolvian rams I will be rehousing into a breeding tank.

I also bought 4 bosemani rainbows, young but 1 male 3 female that are in quarantine right now that will be going into another breeding tank.

So what do you guys think and any suggestions on a type of pleco that doesn't mind the high ph would be appreciated. Albino and normal bristlenoses, regular, and royals are of the question, just don't like the royals and the others make way too much mess. Thanks

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the help and advice - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass 
    Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady 
    Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 
    Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 

0 Not allowed!
    I would have to do research on water conditions but I personally like the gold nugget, sailfin and bulldog pleco.

For the bosemani, are you going to be using the breeding mop method or another method? I have found through my grampas inherant algae that a great breeding bottom is the hair algae that grows like weeds on plants. It provided enough cover for 3 Neon rainbows to turn into almost 20 in his tank that has GBR and Harleys.

Good luck on your breeding projects! I would love to see pics when its set up.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for your suggestions man. Right now for the bosemanis I have a bunch of java moss in their QT tank until I make their spawning mops, I'm thinking about throwing some spawning mops into my 150 also because my wanams should be ready to breed now.

I will be posting pics for sure I'm just debating on the particular setup because I have a 65 gallon discus grow out tank to set up so I may build two 29 gallons into that same rack.

Whatever I do I have to do quickly because the Denisons are coming in Monday and I should get them soon after :D

Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast