· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ottos feeding

0 Not allowed!
    It might be the placement of the food, not the food itself. Try getting a veggie clip from the pet store, it suction cups onto the glass so it can be off the ground. I found my otos won't eat anything on the ground (except algae), but eat readily anything on the clip.
    2 10 gallon tanks, 1 20 gallon tank, 1 Fluval Edge, 1 29 gallon tank, and one backyard pond.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have a flat rock in my tank (looks like slate) and I place the algae wafer or pellet on it. My oto will not eat off the gravel either.
    My oto also likes "Zoo Med Earthworm fish food sinking sticks".
    I know otos are supposed to be vegetarians, but I feed these to my shrimp and the oto loves to eat them too.
    These sticks contain: earthworm, salmon, krill, and stabilzed vitamin C. The label says that catfish (and other fish) like them. My oto certainly does!

0 Not allowed!
    I took one of these, see link below, and stuck a piece of zucchini on it and hung it on the wall, it took awhile for them to find it, but now they love the stuff

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/Suc...121217125652:s

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I've put a slice of cucumber in there again but still not intrested. Will see what it's like tomorrow

0 Not allowed!
    Yea it took my guys a while to find it and realize what it was. Plus, it sat in the tank awhile b4 it got soft enough for them to eat a noticeable amount off of it

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well I have one eating cucumber. The other one still isn't intrested. I will keep trying. How often should I feed them veg?

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i'll leave the how often part to other forum members, however please be advised to track your ammonia. I have three in my ten gallon, and i think they're the reason my ammonia is up even though i've thouroughly vacuumed the gravel over the past two days.

20 gal tall -7 paskai's rainbowfish (neons and blue eyes), 8 rasbora het, 2 honey gourami, 1 nerite, 2 pc driftwood 1 with narrowleaf java fern, 1 anubias, grasslike background plants, star shaped foreground plants, 2 mossballs

10 gal shrimp tank planted with java fern on driftwood, star shaped foreground plants, mossball, dwarf baby tears. cherry, ninja, algae eating, and ghost shrimp. And Cherry Shrimp babies

Cinnamon = 9 year old Siamese Cat
    1 Rat - Domino aka Domi