· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Amen! Sticking with one thread allows us to just scroll through the past posts to see how you're progressing with the same tank - that way we all get the same picture - the more threads you start, the more people start wondering whether it's a new tank and then discover it isn't.
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT
    Remember: Our job is to take care of the water our fish live in

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I promise i'm not trying to confuse you....

However readings for ammo are still looking more like .25 than ZERO so i think i may be able to add 3 drops of ammo tomorrow night, this time i'm actually waiting til it drops to zero as in Zero is what the color reads under direct light. (initial dose was 6 drops) NitrItes are still holding at .25 at this time.

20 gallon tall -7 paskai's rainbowfish (neons and blue eyes), 8 rasbora het, 2 blue ninja shrimp, 9 cherry shrimp, 3 algae eating shrimp, 2 nerite snail, 2 pc driftwood planted with anubias and narrowleaf java fern.
    Other plants in tank - 1 bunch anacharis (separated), 1 bunch water wysteria (separated), 1 red wendii, Mossball, 1 microsword plant (separated), 1 package of staurogyne repense (separated)

Cinnamon = 9 year old Siamese Cat[
    1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice

0 Not allowed!
    Yup - you wait until the ammonia reads 0
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    This morning's reading

AMMO ZERO
    NITRITES ZERO
    NITRATES 10 or 20 (that color shading is so bleeding close)

Tank temperture 83.5F (bumped it up when restarting the cycle about a week ago

From this i think i could pull a WC tonight to bring down the trates, then redose with 3 drops of ammo to feed the bacteria until i get the fish correct? What is said in here will affect what i do this evening when i get home as far as WC goes...I think if the go light is given a 75 percent WC is what i should be doing correct?

Please advise.
    Last edited by Shidohari; 12-26-2012 at 10:10 AM.

20 gallon tall -7 paskai's rainbowfish (neons and blue eyes), 8 rasbora het, 2 blue ninja shrimp, 9 cherry shrimp, 3 algae eating shrimp, 2 nerite snail, 2 pc driftwood planted with anubias and narrowleaf java fern.
    Other plants in tank - 1 bunch anacharis (separated), 1 bunch water wysteria (separated), 1 red wendii, Mossball, 1 microsword plant (separated), 1 package of staurogyne repense (separated)

1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice

Awards Showcase

Happy Christmas - MuckyFish thanks for advising on vegetables for my kribs! so here is a discus - ScottishFish You help a lot - PhillipOrigami For the bank account, and thx for the rep - Cliff beautiful discus! - Crispy 
    I know this doesn't help but it's all I can do! - chrisfraser05 for all the wise advice you've given me - fishmommie Congrats on 2000th post! - andreahp Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~ appreciate it. - fishmommie Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith For all the good advice you give. - ~firefly~ 
    Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff thanks for the rep points.  appreciate it - fishmommie happy friday! - mojosodope Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep! - steeler1 

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    Before adding any live creatures a near 100% water change is what you want to do - besides the nitrates, any trace issues from the contaminates in the ammonia might be an issue (maybe not but why take chances - besides, a 100% W/C is a small increase over a 75% W/C but the results are very different - all trace contaminates are removed.)

0 Not allowed!
    +1 - that isn't a bad idea - with a smaller tank like that this shouldn't be a problem - your nitrates are safe at this point but I agree that if you need to dose more ammonia until you get fish, it's better to change a large amount of water before adding fish.

Congrats!
    5 gal QT

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    So should i just dose with ammo now and not do the WC yet? I probably won't be adding fish for about another week or two weather here stinks right now and i won't get paid til next week?

or do i need to WC then dose with ammo

1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice

0 Not allowed!
    Keep feeding ammonia if you won't be getting fish for another week - you need to feed the bacteria that have grown in the filter otherwise they'll all die! No water change needed until you are all ready to add fish!
    5 gal QT

0 Not allowed!
    Right on Andrea. Bacteria is a living thing and needs to be fed or it will die. Do as Andrea said and you'll be OK.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Perfect three drops of ammonia dosing coming right up.

Then the big massive water change is the day of the fish adding or should it be a day before with an additional partial WC the day of fish?

1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice