· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Default Chocolate Gourami

0 Not allowed!
    Has anybody kept this attractive little fish?

Are they as sensative and hard to keep as most literature on them says? I thought they would look nice in a thirty gallon tank with a school of Micro-boras.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    I tried keeping them twice, in a tank that was too rowdy for them. They are very delicate little guys and won't pony up to get their food if anyone else is in their way.

I have none idea how active micro's are, but I imagine they would be easy for an experienced aquarist to keep given a nice quiet tank for them.

0 Not allowed!
    I was thinking of the Green Kubotai but I saw this video of them with Green Neons that looked interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=0tZLIChQW-0
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    I researched them a long time ago...I agree that they're gorgeous fish...

Maybe they're best off in a dedicated tank?
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I kept four chocolate gouramis for about a year...

First I kept a pair in a 5 gallon heavily planted tank, soon thereafter I upgraded to a 10 gallon heavily planted tank and added two more plus dwarf cories. Eventually I upgraded to a 50 gallon planted where they shared tank space with (though not all these species at once): cherry shrimp, amano shrimp, cories, rummy nose tetras, praecox rainbows, galaxy rasboras, and cardinal tetras.

The water I kept them in had a PH of 7.6-7.8 (I'm the slightest bit color blind when it comes to reading those darn tubes) which I know is not ideal (perhaps that is why they never spawned) but they survived and I would even say were quite happy as they never showed stress coloration (except after being netted out).

I kept a strict regimen of 50% water changes bi-weekly and threw in a large sponge filter (three in my 50 gallon) as added filtration/aeration.

They are very picky eaters! Mine ate only freeze-dried and frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp, though they also liked to nibble on algae wafers.

One thing I would add is that they love heavily planted tanks and floating plants. I kept plenty of guppy weed and floating hornworts in my tanks. They seemed to enjoy searching through the hornwort for their food and getting lost among the plants.

Overall they are some of the cutest fish I have ever kept and they have such personalities!

I would still have had them but unfortunately while moving houses I kept them in a large plastic container (filter running, heater running, air pump running) without a lid for about four hours while I was out running errands; when I came home I found them dried out on the floor... apparently they are jumpers. I had no idea... :_(

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the great info.
    -Vince Lombardi

0 Not allowed!
    Good info from Koala, I kept them and bred them in a 15gal heavily planted tank with no other fish and 5 indian almond leaves. Water was brown, they don't do go in traditional community tanks and are hard to keep when you buy from a petstore.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Red. I have a great dealer I can order them from.
    -Vince Lombardi