· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Lets try this again

0 Not allowed!
    ok, first off, doing a 20L. cant attach anubus to any type of wood. not sure what type it is, i may pos a pic up, if needed. second I allready have a LED light, nothing special. Will Anubus and the bamboo grow with that light. I am having sand as substrate. this is going to be my budget tank. so wanted to know before i spent money on plants to die! thank ya.

0 Not allowed!
    Well, when you say 20L do you mean 20 liter or 20 gallon long? As for Anubias, if that is what you mean, you can attach it to any wood in the tank using thread or fishing line. What kind of LED light is it? -This will prove helpful in trying to answer you question. Please post pics.

0 Not allowed!
    I am assuming this is a 20 long.

Anubius is a low light plant but no telling how it will work with without more details about the light. Lucky Bamboo [Dracaena] is not an aquatic plant.

Why can't you attach the anubius to any wood? Do you mean you don't have any? There are lots of ways of attaching it, Fishing line works well and is almost invisible.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    light is normal beamswork LED nothing special. 20 long, sorry.. completly new to plants, it is just called Anubus and LFS but looke it up and yea Anubia is the same. let me get a photo of the wood

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 850R
    Anubius is a low light plant but no telling how it will work with without more details about the light. Lucky Bamboo [Dracaena] is not an aquatic plant.

Why can't you attach the anubius to any wood? Do you mean you don't have any?

some idiot,i mean person at petco said i had to have certain driftwood for anubias to grow.. i figured bs but it never hurts to ask, also if the bamboo is not aquatic why is always in tanks and stuff.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelfish11788
    also if the bamboo is not aquatic why is always in tanks and stuff.
    Two reasons:

*Because it sells
    * People don't know any better

You don't have to take my word for it, Google it and see for yourself.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    You Can attach Annubias to any wood or rocks or shells etc in your tank. Sounds to me like the lfs guy just wanted to sell you some wood and make the decision for you for more money probably.

0 Not allowed!
    Some people even sell spathiphyllum to uninformed newbies. So why not push dracena? OR even that silly lucky bamboo stuff? You're going to be back for other plants so double the profit!

Anubias can be tied to anything. I've even used cableties pushed into my tanks foam background

and that grows well.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i beleive ya 850R dang it and l like they look ohwell. and a pic of the wood even though it has been established it dont mater..

0 Not allowed!

If you can keep it under water you can tie anubias to it

And... If you can't keep it underwater some higher test fishing line and some slate will solve that too