· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Question Eheim Jager 300 Heater

0 Not allowed!
    Okey I just bought an new Eheim Jager heater and have some problems setting it up. There is hangover on the glass in my aquarrium so the suction cups can not fit unless I submerge the whole heater under the water. Like even over the wire. Can i do this with the heater, it does say fully submersible and waterproof but I am still not to sure. And is it safe to put my hands in well it is on, my pa keeps on telling me to switch it off when I do cause the instrucions on the back say I must. It will be an huge mission to switch it off an on constantly for me just putting my hands inside. No fish in there yet. Looking for water at 25 Degrees Celsius.(Not to sure how much that is in Ferinhite but guessing roughly around 87)

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Northernguy A recruit for your piggy army - MuckyFish Piggy Sentry for your Piggy Army hopefully they help you not lose brakes. - MuckyFish beer for the birthday boy - Lady Hobbs For itís medicinal properties, cheers and get well soon - Cliff 
    thank you - Indian Woods Angels Hammy Holidays to you! - Trillianne Have a great christmas gadget - Cliff Have a Christmas coral - Aeonflame Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    For the birthday thread. Thanks. - Strider199 Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year! - Rue Here comes the holiday swine, who hopes your holidays were divine! - Trillianne 
    Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thank you! Second round is on me : ) - mommy1 Thanks for spicing up the ban game! - pRED 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - gadget228 Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - gadget228 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gadget228 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - gadget228 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus -  Animal Cruelty - gadget228 
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - gadget228 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - gadget228 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - gadget228 

0 Not allowed!
    I have the same heater in my 75 and have it fully submerged, the reason your pa says that you need to unplug it when your are going to have your hands in the water is in case it were to short out and you would get a shock. The only time I unplug mine is when doing a water change.
    You're getting old when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair that you once got from a roller coaster.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget228
    The only time I unplug mine is when doing a water change.
    +1 same here.

All my Jagers are running fully submersed and always have been, It will be fine.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

4. Thumbs up

0 Not allowed!
    Okey thanx, I just had to check first. Underwater and switched on. Just gotta wait now for the warm water.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Scholz
    Okey I just bought an new Eheim Jager heater and have some problems setting it up. There is hangover on the glass in my aquarrium so the suction cups can not fit unless I submerge the whole heater under the water. Like even over the wire. Can i do this with the heater, it does say fully submersible and waterproof but I am still not to sure.
    Believe me, if a German company design something to be fully submersible they do not mess about.
    And is it safe to put my hands in well it is on, my pa keeps on telling me to switch it off when I do cause the instrucions on the back say I must. It will be an huge mission to switch it off an on constantly for me just putting my hands inside. No fish in there yet. Looking for water at 25 Degrees Celsius.(Not to sure how much that is in Ferinhite but guessing roughly around 87)
    The instructions on the back say that to avoid million dollar liability suits. Looking at it realistically you probably have a 1000 times more chance to get hurt in traffic than to suffer anything from a jager heater that is not cracked.

Only time I unplug a heater is if I do a water change large enough to bring the level below the heater's minimum

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie
    The instructions on the back say that to avoid million dollar liability suits. Looking at it realistically you probably have a 1000 times more chance to get hurt in traffic than to suffer anything from a jager heater that is not cracked. Totally agree, It's so the lawyers can sleep at night - Nothing more.

Only time I unplug a heater is if I do a water change large enough to bring the level below the heater's minimum
    Same for me really wrt turning them off but I prefer not to give newbs the chance to forget to do it in case their heaters are placed high
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Don't forget to calibrate your heater

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksor
    Don't forget to calibrate your heater
    Calibrate? Does that just mean changing that switch on top to get right heat or something else I do not know.

Lightbulb

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Scholz
    Calibrate? Does that just mean changing that switch on top to get right heat or something else I do not know.
    The instructions that were included with it describe step by step how to calibrate it.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Have gone over the instructions for the third time now and positive that there is no word 'Calibrate' there. Could you please give me the definition or meaning of Calibrate. Getting a little worried now.