· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Unhappy Plants turning colors

0 Not allowed!
    Hi, I've got a few live plants in my aquarium and they are turning yellow and a funny green. Some of them are losing their leaves. I think it might be a nutrient deficiency from what I've read? What can I do to solve the problem? Is it safe (or worth it) to use aquarium plant fertilizer?

Please help?

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm no expert when it comes to plants but sure someone else here can assist. I would copy/paste your question and place under Plant Forum http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...splay.php?f=65 as I believe you will find more help there.
    25 Gal - Tropical
    Custom made Wet/Dry/Sump Filter System, AquaClear 20 Powerhead, RenaCal Excel 300 Heater, artificial plants
    Fish - 8 Blackskirt Tetras, 4 Red Wag Platy's, Silver Hatchet, German Blue Ram, Bulldog Pleco, Assassin snail.
    "Plans go wrong for lack of advice; many advisers bring success." King Solomon.
    Pictures of my 10 Gal Sump Filtration project

0 Not allowed!
    We need more details. What sort of set up are you running? what plants do you have, what lighting? Are you dosing ferts/Co2/ what types and how much? Can you post picks of said plants?

0 Not allowed!
    There are several types of liquid fertilizer that many people use as well as root tabs for those with good root systems and need to be buried under the substrate.

+1 with all above questions.

@Jeff - it appears OP is not using anything right now & wonders whether ferts should be used
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT
    Remember: Our job is to take care of the water our fish live in

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino 

0 Not allowed!
    also how long have you had the plants? Some plants "melt" when placed in new water conditions and then regrow new leaves.
    300 gallon mega tank: build in progress
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp
    70 gallon growout tank: clown loaches, sailfin pleco
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish
    29 gallon frog tank: 1 bullfrog
    10 gallon and 5.5 gallon betta tanks: 1 male betta each, sometimes snails

0 Not allowed!
    And with what Brhino said, Are you getting any new growth on the plants at all?
    @Andreahp, Thanks for picking up on that. I totally missed that. lol

Default Pictures will be VERY helpful

0 Not allowed!
    A few questions for you?

* Tank size?
    * How long have they been in situ?
    * Please detail your lighting?
    * What is your substrate?
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    despite all the good answers already...

Aquatic plants can start to look bad for various reasons. Some common ones

1. You were scammed. The plants you bought weren't true aquatic plants. Still happens, spathiphyllum is often sold like this.
    2. The plants are relatively new and were grown outside of the water (emers) in a very humid greenhouse. Plants need to adapt to live under water. They will loose leaves but usually recover in a few weeks.
    3. there's a deficiency of some sort. Can be light which shows at first as long stems with a lot of space between leaves. Can be lots of other things. You can dose with root tabs or a general fertilizer or you can aim for the specific problem

Simple version of what to look for:

This is a very complete chart on the subject:
    http://infographics.myaquacalc.com/w...y-labeled2.jpg