· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default FX5 Spitting Micro bubbles

0 Not allowed!
    Ever since I took the strainer off to clean all the poop that was stuck on it it spits micro bubbles and the tank doesn't look clear how do I stop that ?
    110g All Male Peacock/Hap Tank

0 Not allowed!
    Did you get air onto the hose when pulling or replacing the strainer? How long has this been happening?

The FX5 has a 2 minute cycle that it goes through every 24 hours where it turns itself on and off a few times to purge air from the filter.

This should clear it up Though it's possible it will take more than one cycle to do so and if it continues longer I would look for another issue.
    Last edited by Goes to 11!; 12-10-2012 at 10:15 PM.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

Awards Showcase

For your AC tank! - Northernguy Nice job on the tank! - Brookfish I sure hope this helps! lol Good luck! - Northernguy congrats on the fish - Lab_Rat This is a lucky Neon! - Northernguy 
    Such a good fish Mommy! lol - Northernguy Congrats on your award! - Brookfish Sorry about your Guppy! - Brookfish i hope the guppies are okay :) - Demi ^_^ this is a guppy? lol - domjd05 
    Happy B-Day :) - Agassizii Happy Birthday =D - Aeonflame Happy Birthday! - Brookfish for an excellent post - Lab_Rat thanks for the gift XD - genocidex 
    This makes 2, 8 to go! - homemadepopcorn thanks so much for coming to my aid! - fishmommie 

0 Not allowed!
    It's probably got air stuck in it.

I had this happen with my Rena XP3. I turned it off, emptied it, and then plugged it back in and let it fill itself back up. :D No more bubbles!
    29 Gallon Tank : planted. stock: 2 GBR, 13 Harlequin Rasbora, 5 otocinclus, bn pleco
    Journal

6.6 Fluval Chi: planted. stock: 1 male halfmoon betta
    Journal

0 Not allowed!
    +1 to the above

When I clean my FX5, I always get some trapped air in it. As 850R has explained, it will work itself. It usually takes around 12 to 24 hours for all the bubbles to be completely gone from my FX5 after a cleaning
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ok that's good . Because I left it off and heard all the water either leaving or filling up the filter turned it back on over night and woke up and it was still doing so. I will update this if it continues after tonight . Thanks.
    110g All Male Peacock/Hap Tank