· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well it's good for the fish to get a break that go to the nasty local shops like the one in my town. This place goes through a lot meds as well.... Tankfully there are really good shops a short drive away Sorry don't mean to trash my lfs but it is sad and hopefully improves soon

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalMike415
    Well it's good for the fish to get a break that go to the nasty local shops like the one in my town. This place goes through a lot meds as well.... Tankfully there are really good shops a short drive away Sorry don't mean to trash my lfs but it is sad and hopefully improves soon
    Noticed that you are in north carolina, there are a few good fish clubs in your area too. That's probably going to be your best source of fish and other stuff you'd not likely see in a regular fish store.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My LFS is getting 1200 cichlids in this week they claim and i hope so because ive been patient to get some new peacocks i guess they are getting theres before the holiday rush.
    110g All Male Peacock/Hap Tank

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Northern KY here, closer to Cincinnati by about thirty minutes south of cinci.

Four LFS for me but the one i trust most is Jack's Pets. Both managers are very knowledgable about fish.

The other LFS in my city are
    Petsmart
    World of pets (where i think the snail came from)
    Planet pet (really haven't been in to look at their stock yet)

20 gallon tall -7 paskai's rainbowfish (neons and blue eyes), 8 rasbora het, 2 blue ninja shrimp, 9 cherry shrimp, 3 algae eating shrimp, 2 nerite snail, 2 pc driftwood planted with anubias and narrowleaf java fern.
    Other plants in tank - 1 bunch anacharis (separated), 1 bunch water wysteria (separated), 1 red wendii, Mossball, 1 microsword plant (separated), 1 package of staurogyne repense (separated)

Cinnamon = 9 year old Siamese Cat[
    1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice

0 Not allowed!
    My lfs always has very healthy stock, but it stays the same for the most part unfortunately because not many people around here are really deep into the hobby. He tends to keep more.... higher level fish I'll say. Meaning most casual fishkeepers have no freaking idea what me and him are talking about if they happen to hear part of our conversation.
    Coastie-to-be... hopefully.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have noticed that when a fish starts making its debut in one place, it seems to pop up all over the place.

New arrivals:
    Thread Fin Rainbow fish - 4 different stores
    SailFin Pleco - 2 Stores
    Sterbai Cory - 2 stores
    Clown Loach - 3 stores

Hard to Find fish:
    Butterfly Loach
    Cardinal Tetras (running low or poor quality)
    Ghost Shrimp (always low stock)
    American Flag Fish

0 Not allowed!
    Petsmart always has good December stocking levels. Just be sure to quarantine properly.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Great idea Kings...

It also helps to ask the LFS on their normal rotation.
    Petco near me will bring in about 4 new species once a month pending sales on other fish/requests of customers.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by korith
    Noticed that you are in north carolina, there are a few good fish clubs in your area too. That's probably going to be your best source of fish and other stuff you'd not likely see in a regular fish store.
    Seen that Lot of salt water and reef clubs,one day I'll make the jump into the salt world