· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Pleco problems??

0 Not allowed!
    ok i added the new parrot to my tank, which was only in it less that a week. amonnia did a .25 spike and i fixed it with a 40% addition water change so yester day my Rubber lip was up on the output(waterfall) of my Emperor filter. his head was out of water with the falls flowing over it. so i left him, he didnt stay that way long. today i came home to find my BN pleco in the tube of the sponge filter(the long tube that helps push the bubbles) It took me a bit to get him out, did his fins in and got stuck. so as of today my A 0ppm NitrItes 0ppm and nitrAtes was like 10 or 20ppm not sure it wasnt in the red. my corys are acting fine and all other fish are acting ok. the snails craw and are hanging to the bottem. So was my plecos just being themselves or am i missing somthing.

50% wc each week with maybe a 10-25 through week if time permits

0 Not allowed!
    Your tank is newly set up right? Is it possible he is munching on the only algae he has found so far?

If so, This is exhibit A of why algae eaters shouldn't be in new tanks as they need time to 'season'.

What are you feeding him?
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I wish I had a wonderful answer for you but I don't I'm sure someone will come along soon though. I don't know enough about BN to know if what you are explaining is "normal" or not. I do know my BN goes anywhere he can fit under over or inside in my tank. So every opening that he could get stuck in I have eliminated.

Did you test your water after you did your water change or just before?
    30 gal Freshwater
    1 young Angel, 6 Pepper Corydoras, 5 Harlequin Rasbora 1 Bristle-nose Pleco

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i havnt seen the rubber nose, eat but the BN runs toward the wafers and has no problem munching them front and center. he also love the hikari carni dics and romain lettace, and some greens, not so mutch zuccini.. my rubber nose is in the corner above the sponge filter. outside of this they havent been any differant and well the BN hasnt been weird at all except the in the tube ordeal. Could it be him likeing the close corners of it. I know alot of people get the hollowed out stuff for the plecos were they have to back out instead of go through. idk

0 Not allowed!
    Ancistrus do this if they want a place to rest out of side. If you don't have any caves or wood it can shelter in it will find something.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie
    Ancistrus do this if they want a place to rest out of side. If you don't have any caves or wood it can shelter in it will find something.

i have tons, but maybe he like that better,

0 Not allowed!
    Possible.

Did you put something over that tube?

0 Not allowed!
    They really like to chill out inside a cave of some sort. I have a bamboo cave for my albino BN and he spends most of his time there - upside down a lot.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie
    Possible.

Did you put something over that tube?

not yet, i can remove piple, the bubbles will be more scattered. he hasnt even went to that side of the tank after that. he has 2 hollow driftwood pieces he can get in and a made mopani cave.