· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A New Beginning

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    Well done and Congrats! I know that natural pond of yours will have quite a few folks here very envious!
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid.

If your not angry, your not paying attention...

150G FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Assrtd) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby) 10G Fresh (Beta)

0 Not allowed!
    Cyberra- There'll be no shoveling for us! Four wheel drive vehicles takes care of that real quick!

We will be MUCH close to civilization than we are now, but still feel like we're 'out there'. As of right now we are 8 miles from a small town called Greenup. When we move, we will be 4 miles from there. According to the last census, Greenup has a pop of 1,187. That's the 2012 one.

There is no Walmart in Greenup, but it does have a McDonald's, Wendy's, Dollar Store, Food Fair, and a Marathon gas station.

If we want to go to the bigger chain stores we have to go to a town called Ashland. To get there we travel another 13.5 miles on top of the mileage to get to Greenup. Ashland has a pop of 21,652, and is where our mall, walmart, applebees, and all that good stuff is located.

I personally live in Greenup COUNTY, not city. The whole place is very rural, and very spread out. I absolutely LOVE this place! Of course it comes with its small town drama, but whatever. Every place has its positives and negatives.

My husband just got a call from the people who are currently living on the property. They are actually renters, so we aren't buying from them. They called to let us know that they should be receiving the keys to their new home by the end of this week, and will be moved out accordingly. Also to let us know that they will be contacting the utility companies to let them know not to shut anything off, and just transfer it all into our name. That way we won't be paying any deposits or reconnect fees.
    130g: 6 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

0 Not allowed!
    Cool - that's what I did way back when I was renting apts - asked the current tenant to leave everything alone. The only thing we had to deal with was people calling and asking for them - we just provided their new # and then the calls stopped - not bad LOL
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT
    Remember: Our job is to take care of the water our fish live in

0 Not allowed!
    Also, is the nearest school very far away?
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT
    Remember: Our job is to take care of the water our fish live in

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    +1 To that school district are of an importance.
    Sorry but there is more than shoveling to maintain 40 acres, and barns, and house, work never stop, always something to fix, lots of weeding, fallen trees and branches to clear (the good, you can heat yourself for free), bushes invasion to keep under control....
    It is worth it though if this is the lifestyle you guys want .

Awards Showcase

Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass Beer reduces kidney stones! - Sandz T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx. Have another on me! - pRED Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus 
    Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady 
    the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 
    Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    So you realy are rural which at least to me is very cool !!. In the little town (if you can call it that) that I grew up in and went to school till 6th grade, I only had twenty children in my whole class. My brother and I go back there to visit friends and it's grown, population ways some but there realy are no buisnesses there. At one time it had two small grocery stores, two bars and two service stores. Now there is one bar.

People will always complain about small town politics but I find for the most part they look out for one another more so than bigger communities.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

“Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

0 Not allowed!
    Delphe: I know you may not know this, but I've lived here all my life and am well aware of what it takes to run property like this. 40 acres of woods doesnn't require any sort of maintanace except for walking the line once or twice a year, possibly making sure uninvited hunters aren't there.

As for schools, we will be less than 10 minutes away from an elementary and highschool, BUT as of now I haven't decided upon if I'll be homeschooling my son or not. So that may not even be an issue.

I am SO excited!!! It isn't exactly what we've always dreamed of, but everything is in place so that we can make it so!
    130g: 6 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora
    I've noticed that people HATE it when you point out how stupid they are, so now I try to do it politely.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MandyK
    Delphe: I know you may not know this, but I've lived here all my life and am well aware of what it takes to run property like this. 40 acres of woods doesnn't require any sort of maintanace except for walking the line once or twice a year, possibly making sure uninvited hunters aren't there.

As for schools, we will be less than 10 minutes away from an elementary and highschool, BUT as of now I haven't decided upon if I'll be homeschooling my son or not. So that may not even be an issue.

I am SO excited!!! It isn't exactly what we've always dreamed of, but everything is in place so that we can make it so!
    I didn't mean it like that, sorry...Congrats, I am happy for you
    Champagne to Celebrate?

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Pffft, if it was exactly what you've always dreamed of there would be nothing to do. You know what you can do with 40 acres of woodland? Whatever the hell you want!

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Northernguy A recruit for your piggy army - MuckyFish Piggy Sentry for your Piggy Army hopefully they help you not lose brakes. - MuckyFish beer for the birthday boy - Lady Hobbs For it’s medicinal properties, cheers and get well soon - Cliff 
    thank you - Indian Woods Angels Hammy Holidays to you! - Trillianne Have a great christmas gadget - Cliff Have a Christmas coral - Aeonflame Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    For the birthday thread. Thanks. - Strider199 Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year! - Rue Here comes the holiday swine, who hopes your holidays were divine! - Trillianne 
    Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thank you! Second round is on me : ) - mommy1 Thanks for spicing up the ban game! - pRED 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - gadget228 Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - gadget228 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gadget228 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - gadget228 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus -  Animal Cruelty - gadget228 
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - gadget228 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - gadget228 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - gadget228 

0 Not allowed!
    With forty acres of trees around you maybe a log cabin is in your future, todays cabins are beautiful and energy efficient...
    You're getting old when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair that you once got from a roller coaster.