· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Too many?

Awards Showcase

you could be famous! - SeaLady For following through on a dare! - steeler58 For having a big heart and caring :) - steeler58 Have a cup of joe for the good converstion this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 for playing the cory game - cm12setx Congrats on 3,900, they don't have kuhliis, LOL - Slaphppy7 cycled your river tank - cm12setx Congrats on 4,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 to coax you out of hiding - RiversGirl Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche 
    Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 

Default Too many?

0 Not allowed!
    Ok, I have a 20 gallon planted tank. 6 Green tiger barbs, 4 regular tiger barbs. I have two HOB filters. One rated for a 30 gallon, the other for 15 (Used when firing up the QT tank). I would like to put some Corys in there. I have shelter and a small cave dug out that I think they would find rather nice. Now I know corys like friends so I couldn't just get one or two, which means I'm probably starting to over fill this tank. Am I asking too much? If so, is there another bottom dweller I should look into?

Awards Showcase

Happy Christmas - MuckyFish thanks for advising on vegetables for my kribs! so here is a discus - ScottishFish You help a lot - PhillipOrigami For the bank account, and thx for the rep - Cliff beautiful discus! - Crispy 
    I know this doesn't help but it's all I can do! - chrisfraser05 for all the wise advice you've given me - fishmommie Congrats on 2000th post! - andreahp Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~ appreciate it. - fishmommie Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith For all the good advice you give. - ~firefly~ 
    Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff thanks for the rep points.  appreciate it - fishmommie happy friday! - mojosodope Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep! - steeler1 

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    The the calculator (adadvisor) in my signature to determine if the filters and tank will work with your stocking idea.

Awards Showcase

you could be famous! - SeaLady For following through on a dare! - steeler58 For having a big heart and caring :) - steeler58 Have a cup of joe for the good converstion this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 for playing the cory game - cm12setx Congrats on 3,900, they don't have kuhliis, LOL - Slaphppy7 cycled your river tank - cm12setx Congrats on 4,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 to coax you out of hiding - RiversGirl Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche 
    Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks.
    With what I want I'm looking at 128% filtration with 108% tank capacity. So as long as I keep my filtration up I should be good.

0 Not allowed!
    Your regular Tiger Barbs are too big for that tank. They also can be very territorial(leading to aggression) toward other species especially in a small tank like that. Lastly, Tigers are best kept in large schools which cannot be done in that size tank.

0 Not allowed!
    I agree with the above. Tigers are very nippy in lower numbers and will thrive in tanks of 40 gallon+

Can you get a bigger tank?

I have a 30 gallon and considered TBs when I was looking at stocking, but felt they needed more room than I could realistically provide.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Hmmmm... well that is problematic. Right now I have no other tank I could get. I have only the four regular tiger barbs and everything I read said they would school just fine with the green tigers. If I forgot the cory's and just left it as barbs would they manage?

Arrow

0 Not allowed!
    The types of tigers is not the issue, The greens are simply color morphs of the regular ones. They are the exact same species, Same goes for the albino ones also.

The issue is too many fair sized moderately aggressive fish in too small of a space, Extra filtration doesn't remedy this.

They get too too large keep suitable numbers in a 10G:

Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    Perhaps I'm wrong but... 20 gallon is what? 30" x 12" x 12" ?
    As a species only for 10 tiger barbs that doesn't sound too bad to me. OK, granted a longer tank and 18 barbs would be nicer but wouldn't this work?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie
    Perhaps I'm wrong but... 20 gallon is what? 30" x 12" x 12" ?
    Those are the 20 Long dimensions, A 20g 'high' is 24" x 12" x 16".

Having said that, You might notice that directly above the video I posted I mentioned a 10G tank, I have no idea how that got in my head,

If you do this, Nothing else can go in that tank IMO.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Ah, well 850R, I knew they were the same fish, I just read a post wrong that seemed to suggest the greens didn't get quite as big as their normal colored brothers. Yes it is a 20 gallon high and I will hold off putting anything else in the tank until I can find a different home for the barbs. I am quite partial to the barbs, are there other barbs (besides tigers) that would be more suitable to my size?