· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: Too many?

Hybrid View

Awards Showcase

A Cory for Mr 3,000 - steeler58 you could be famous! - SeaLady For following through on a dare! - steeler58 For having a big heart and caring :) - steeler58 Have a cup of joe for the good converstion this morning :) - steeler58 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 for playing the cory game - cm12setx Congrats on 3,900, they don't have kuhliis, LOL - Slaphppy7 cycled your river tank - cm12setx 
    Congrats on 4,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 to coax you out of hiding - RiversGirl Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady 
    After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

Default Too many?

0 Not allowed!
    Ok, I have a 20 gallon planted tank. 6 Green tiger barbs, 4 regular tiger barbs. I have two HOB filters. One rated for a 30 gallon, the other for 15 (Used when firing up the QT tank). I would like to put some Corys in there. I have shelter and a small cave dug out that I think they would find rather nice. Now I know corys like friends so I couldn't just get one or two, which means I'm probably starting to over fill this tank. Am I asking too much? If so, is there another bottom dweller I should look into?

Awards Showcase

Happy Christmas - MuckyFish thanks for advising on vegetables for my kribs! so here is a discus - ScottishFish You help a lot - PhillipOrigami For the bank account, and thx for the rep - Cliff beautiful discus! - Crispy 
    I know this doesn't help but it's all I can do! - chrisfraser05 for all the wise advice you've given me - fishmommie Congrats on 2000th post! - andreahp Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~ appreciate it. - fishmommie Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith For all the good advice you give. - ~firefly~ 
    Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff thanks for the rep points.  appreciate it - fishmommie happy friday! - mojosodope Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep! - steeler1 

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    The the calculator (adadvisor) in my signature to determine if the filters and tank will work with your stocking idea.

Awards Showcase

A Cory for Mr 3,000 - steeler58 you could be famous! - SeaLady For following through on a dare! - steeler58 For having a big heart and caring :) - steeler58 Have a cup of joe for the good converstion this morning :) - steeler58 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 for playing the cory game - cm12setx Congrats on 3,900, they don't have kuhliis, LOL - Slaphppy7 cycled your river tank - cm12setx 
    Congrats on 4,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 to coax you out of hiding - RiversGirl Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady 
    After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks.
    With what I want I'm looking at 128% filtration with 108% tank capacity. So as long as I keep my filtration up I should be good.

0 Not allowed!
    Your regular Tiger Barbs are too big for that tank. They also can be very territorial(leading to aggression) toward other species especially in a small tank like that. Lastly, Tigers are best kept in large schools which cannot be done in that size tank.

0 Not allowed!
    I agree with the above. Tigers are very nippy in lower numbers and will thrive in tanks of 40 gallon+

Can you get a bigger tank?

I have a 30 gallon and considered TBs when I was looking at stocking, but felt they needed more room than I could realistically provide.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Hmmmm... well that is problematic. Right now I have no other tank I could get. I have only the four regular tiger barbs and everything I read said they would school just fine with the green tigers. If I forgot the cory's and just left it as barbs would they manage?