Results 21 to 24 of 24
12-08-2012, 06:41 AM #21
Originally Posted by fishmommie
Unlike your own calm self, however, I went into full on panic mode. I broke the thermometer at 9:30 a.m. and by 10:40 I had:
- removed all the fish to a bucket with conditioned water
- removed all the rocks, wood, and plants
- drained the tank (25 gallons)
- vacuumed the substrate and removed all the sand in the area there might be glass
- refilled the tank
- replanted and replaced wood and stones
- moved the fish back home
THEN I fired up the googler and discovered that there was no mercury to be concerned about.
On the plus side, I now know that I can break down and rebuild a tank in about an hour. And I learned that I still have all seven kuhli loaches.
12-08-2012, 11:41 AM #22
0Originally Posted by fishmommie
12-08-2012, 11:50 AM #23
I'm trying to think when the last time was that I saw a mercury filled thermometer. 25 years ago at the very least I think.
My main problem with thermometers is that the suction cup is always useless after 2 years or so.
12-08-2012, 12:23 PM #24
0Originally Posted by talldutchie