· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

0 Not allowed!
    If you tear that tank down and clean the beans out of it, you will lose whatever cycle it has left in the gravel. You already changed the filter media which removed most of the cycle already.

These fish simply do not belong in that tank. No goldfish does. If she wants fish, she should have a school of tetra's that will work in that size tank. Does she add dechorinator to the water to remove chlorine?

"She's 70 years old, so she doesn't know any better."

Ahhhh....so am I (in 6 months) Sounds like it's OK to be stupid because she's old. LOLOLOL

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks James20! I googled Oranda goldfish and that seems to be the one.

Lady Hobbs - There's a difference between being stupid and not being knowledgeable about something. This is my boss' first fish tank, and she isn't good with computers. She would never know how to look up information on caring for these fish, fish forums, or anything like that. So she had to rely on the information she got from the pet store employee, which was apparently incorrect. If you are posting here, you are obviously much more knowledgeable of computers and fish than she is. She's at least trying to learn and do right by these fish now that she knows she's been given incorrect information.

My choices were to either clean the tank, or keep them in poor water conditions. Seems like starting over the right way was the lesser of the two evils. The filter was changed a couple of weeks ago, so it has at least some sort of cycle going. The goldfish are in a plastic bag full of water right now, floating in the tank and adjusting to the new lower water temperature.

Yes, she has dechlorinator for the water.

Thanks everyone for your help. I'll pass the info along.

0 Not allowed!
    I didn't quit mean it the way it come out in print but I did get a good laugh out of it the way you worded it.

Being old or being young......all comes down to research and NOT listening to the advice of anyone in pet stores. They will tell you anything.