· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: black vins

Hybrid View

1. Exclamation black vins

0 Not allowed!
    hi ,my name is jaco and i just wold like to no why is my albino oscars vins changing to black nobody can some one help plz tanks

0 Not allowed!
    Your question left out many detail and isn't very clear, Please repost with pictures & additional info:

How big is this oscar and how long have you had it?

Also include your tank size - filtration? - How long it has been set up and cycled and other stock please.

Also post your water parameters please?
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    Not sure is you are asking about Fins or Veins? You wrote vins twice.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have a horrible time with my keyboard also(needs to be replaced $$$). I'm a bad speller to top it off . Some of the albino Oscars have a black edging on there fins. It is genetic and can change intencity very quickly. I don't think it is anything to worry about. To me it is very attractive.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Jaco, do you mind me asking where are you from? How many gallon/litre tank do you have? After looking it up, A black edging it says just means that one parent was not complete albino. Likeone was a regular Tiger Oscar and one was Albino. Hope this makes sense?

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Protein toxification syndrome. Your water is not quite clean enough and the protein wastes trapped in the tissues are scarring the tissues in the fins. The tissue is actually dying. This can also happen when fish are kept too crowded or in an undersized tank.

Space and water quality.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have seen tanks of baby oscars where they all appear very healthy just some will have black on the tail edging. I have one myself and I know without a doubt his tail is not rotting off. I'm sorry but sometimes people seem to jump on the Sick Bandwagon way to quick. I'm not telling you your suggestion isn't possible but why worry the kid when the chances are slim, walk into any shop and you will see examples of this. No disrespect intended.