· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

0 Not allowed!
    I'm going to throw a rock at a popular misconception (well, popular with some people at least)

I don't think you should keep a fish to fix any problem. In other words, you don't keep something to keep the bottom clean or solve your algae problem.
    They're all fish with specific needs.

As to cories... I really like them, especially in groups. It's only common sense that keeps me from rushing out and buying a dozen pygmaeus or habrosus.

And the age old question of "why do people keep..." can be said about many things. You're not fond about cories. I don't see the point of all those "sharks" and other 10inch+ fish that people like to keep. Tastes differ.

0 Not allowed!
    + 1 talldutchie, some very good points.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget

Awards Showcase

A toast to your next year! - imma24 Happy Anniversary. - Strider199 <3 - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For being the 1500th poster to my thread!..thanks! - Slaphppy7 
    For the safe arrival of Judi's Discus!! - steeler1 Thanks for all your help - JoeH Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Happy Holidays! - Rue Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 
    Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    +1000 to Brhino. I will be adding a school of emerald cats at the appropriate time to my 75 gal. I think corys are fabulous.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - 10 Gold Pristella Tetras, 4 Scissortail Rasboras, 9 Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, 5 Longfin Zebra Danios and 2 Regular Fin
    My Dual 29 gals, a work in progress - Tank 1 - Amano Shrimp, Peppered Cories, Tank 2 - Glowlight Danios and a Calico BNP

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I don't like the color blue. it is ugly. tell me otherwise....

valid thing to start a topic on, eh?

there won't be any way to prove YOU otherwise because YOU don't like them.

just like I do not like eggnog. you can't force me to like it, or prove to me that it tastes good. hence the reason why I, myself-me, do not like it.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I am not going to engage a person seeking an argument. There are too many other people that are in a more personable mood about.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I like eggnog, it keeps my bottom clean.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Please everyone argue against me![/QUOTE

I think maybe the OP wants us to talk them into Corys because they have a secret liking for Corys, but just isn't sure yet.
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without

0 Not allowed!
    I've got a different opinion about OP. Anyway, did you notice this thread is 3 months old?