· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    This is a beautiful tank Dutchie!

Can I ask what you did to the background of your tank? I'm a huge fan of that it really adds a lot of character.

0 Not allowed!
    Looks absolutely superb! Love how it's matured. Your plants look excellent.

I'm sure I've said this before to you but the only, only, thing I don't like on this tank is the bin bag background.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

0 Not allowed!
    It's NOT a bin bag you barbarian! It's 9,95 worth of the finest polystyrene I could buy!

I wasn't too thrilled about it myself but it's neutral. I'm now getting javamoss to grow over it, should tone down the bin bag feeling.

When I went background shopping I quickly found there's three kinds
    1. stick on the back, never liked those
    2. really ugly ones
    3. Nice but horrendously expensive ones. At one point I was tempted by one that was actually 30 euros more expensive than I'd paid for the tank. So I went for this and I'm going to cover it in moss. That will take another 4-5 months but I got the time.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie View Post
    It's NOT a bin bag you barbarian! It's 9,95 worth of the finest polystyrene I could buy!
    Sorry. I look forward to the mossy version. I have no right to criticise - my background is 50p black sugar paper (complete with wrinkly bits from drips).

0 Not allowed!
    Sugar paper is certainly original.

These fish are still my favorite subject to photography. There's something almost alien about them. I so hope sometime soon the females will respond to the male's attempts to lure them into the caves.

looking pretty by j_wijnands, on Flickr

0 Not allowed!
    Fantastic photo. The depth of field works well here as it all just drifts into the sandy background.

0 Not allowed!
    Just bought a pot of Sagittaria subulata. Curious to see what that will do. Also the whole tank has been acting very frisky since I did a water change today with melted snow.

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

0 Not allowed!
    Why would you do that?? Rain water itself is already at risk to pick up contaminates and chemicals.. But snow is basically a magnet for harmful chemicals and such.. I really hope you tested the melted snow first and live in an area where there's a chance that the snow isn't contaminated. I'd check around online but last I check snow is harmful, even when melted.. Or maybe its just snow itself. I'm not entirely sure all I know is that when you eat it, it makes you sick.. But that could be because its all frozen. XD I'm not sure. Either way I'd watch your parameters and if I were you I'd stick to using faucet or well water, whatever you use for your home.

OHH and tell me how the sagittaria does, I'm planning on getting some for my 20 gallon and I'd love to know how it does in your aquarium.

0 Not allowed!
    It tested as pure water on what I have in the home. Not exactly the first time I've done it. When it snows and the nearest runway shuts down it's pretty clear. Anyway, everyone's active and happy, shrimp included.

0 Not allowed!
    I live in filthy London. If I did that I reckon the fish, shrimp AND plants would melt.

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast