· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah.. these certainly breed a lot :)

0 Not allowed!
    lol, that used to be a regular find in my canister filters. It ended, when I invested in those steel mesh filter guards. I'd highly recommend them, if you can get them. =]
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Those things from ebay? So they actually do work?

Awards Showcase

BEER!!! - Compass Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 T.G.I.F^2 - Taurus for playing the cory game - cm12setx Cheers! - nickellmama27 
    6000 posts! You'll have to take that thread to a publisher! - Compass Have another beer for another milestone ;) - steeler58 6000 -- wow - RiversGirl Heres to Bacon Beer :-) - Taurus good job on the yappin! Thanks! - SeaLady 
    Thanks for the rep ;) - steeler58 For the YapMeister - Compass Another milestone! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl For passing another memeber ;-) - steeler58 
    Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus cheers! - RiversGirl For passing yet another member ;-) - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Hi dutchie, it's been awhile since we've seen you here!

The mesh guards Kev and me use were bought from this fellow: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=116432

They come in 2 different mesh hole sizes, I bought the finer ones...I used to find both an HOB and my Eheim canister full of shrimplets at cleaning time, but not anymore
    They mesh pre-filters DO clog a bit quicker than sponge PF's, but they are very easy to clean

I'm not sure if h4n can ship overseas, but it would not hurt to PM him and ask
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

1 Not allowed!
    Hi there,

Yeah, was on holiday with very limited internet access. Bliss!! :D Came back to an overgrown jungle but haven't seen any of the baby ancistrus, so am a bit worried.

Those things.. I know there's a guy in the UK who also makes these. Will order one from him, shipping is likely to be cheaper.
    Last edited by talldutchie; 07-19-2014 at 05:35 PM.

Awards Showcase

BEER!!! - Compass Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 T.G.I.F^2 - Taurus for playing the cory game - cm12setx Cheers! - nickellmama27 
    6000 posts! You'll have to take that thread to a publisher! - Compass Have another beer for another milestone ;) - steeler58 6000 -- wow - RiversGirl Heres to Bacon Beer :-) - Taurus good job on the yappin! Thanks! - SeaLady 
    Thanks for the rep ;) - steeler58 For the YapMeister - Compass Another milestone! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl For passing another memeber ;-) - steeler58 
    Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus cheers! - RiversGirl For passing yet another member ;-) - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

1 Not allowed!
    Does sound blissful, indeed...I will be on the coast next week for a few days, with my toes in the sand and a beverage in each hand...looking forward to it!

Glad to hear that you have access to the mesh filters on your side of the pond, I believe you will find them quite useful in preventing shrimplet loss.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

0 Not allowed!
    Two lovely weeks later. Came home to find my tank overrun with floating plants. Quite a few smaller sized shrimps had gone but all the fish seemeed ok. I had a neighbour come to feed every few days.

A 50% water change and a kg of plant matter less and the whole setup looked presentable again.

0 Not allowed!
    I've been thinking bout unhooking from cable over the last few days (well, year probably). We watch so much television, it's gotten pretty ridiculous. I bet being away really was bliss. The internet is another thing that keeps me grappled to technology. Getting away every now and then would be a good thing.

Don't get me wrong... I love technology and the storytelling through moving pictures, but sometimes you just need to unlink to finally get an appreciate for what sits lying in wait around you (or elsewhere).
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Hey dutchie, next time you're on this side of the channel I'd love to get some of those green shrimp. Are you still using RO? My RCS are now breeding out of control in hard water...a couple of years of natural selection at play.

Do you worry about in breeding? At what point would you seek out fresh genes?
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~
    ~ My 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

0 Not allowed!
    I'm not currentl scheduled for any trips but es, I'll let you know.

I stopped worring about inbreeding ages ago. I've never found the same species of shrimp so getting fresh blood would be difficult. Only big worry is oveercrowding

Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast