· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Looking good. How about a FTS?!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Isivaa Sanaru View Post

Do you know any good guide or video that do step by step on how to arrange something like yours? I mean, I know a bit but like - how do you get the moss to stay on the background (and what is that background? lol.) As well as what type of substrate is best for holding the plants down and making them grow better?

Thanks! There's quite some techinical information in the first two pages of this thread. Getting mos to stick? WEdge it between the wood and the background and wait.

Setting this up isn't technically demanding. Planning does is a bit more of a challenge. Once you got an idea you figure out how to build it.

Growing plants is a matter of light and nutrients both of which I provide in sufficient amounts.

Perhaps I need to write a summary?

0 Not allowed!
    I thought you were going to write something a while ago. ;P
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Probably got distracted.

0 Not allowed!
    I've not fed Hikari algae wafers for some days because I had the Ancistrus on courgette. I think the green neons missed them.

And the cories missed it as well.

0 Not allowed!
    I could look at your pictures all day.
    130g: 4 Angelfish, 2 Roseline Sharks, 12 Conga Tetras, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 1 Otocinslus, 1 Corydora

0 Not allowed!
    Ahhhh........ So nice, thank you Mandy!

Awards Showcase

TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus Sorry for your loss :( - steeler58 To renew your energy from posting so much.  :) - WhistlingBadger TGIF back at you ;-) - steeler58 
    TGIF - showmebutterfly TGIF...too bad it only comes once per week :-) - Taurus TGIF indeed! - RiversGirl TGIF -- and TFAYH (thanks for all your help!) - wgoldfarb TGIF! - Compass 
    My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Every time I drop an algae wafer in, the 3 snails fight over it so bad, the RCS and tetras don't have a chance!...I tried 2 once, and the snails pounced on both right away

I agree with Mandy, your pics are always awesome to view
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

0 Not allowed!
    Break and scatter the waffers

Thing is with this tank, and I know this sounds really conceited (sorry! ) , it's all ticking over so well there's little to report. For the last two months or so I got just two challenges.

1. Managing the amazon frogbit
    2. Doing my very best to get rid of excess shrimp.

The latter is now such a big problem that I am seriously considering getting an apisto or two.

Awards Showcase

TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus Sorry for your loss :( - steeler58 To renew your energy from posting so much.  :) - WhistlingBadger TGIF back at you ;-) - steeler58 
    TGIF - showmebutterfly TGIF...too bad it only comes once per week :-) - Taurus TGIF indeed! - RiversGirl TGIF -- and TFAYH (thanks for all your help!) - wgoldfarb TGIF! - Compass 
    My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie View Post
    Break and scatter the waffers

Thing is with this tank, and I know this sounds really conceited (sorry! ) , it's all ticking over so well there's little to report. For the last two months or so I got just two challenges.

1. Managing the amazon frogbit
    2. Doing my very best to get rid of excess shrimp.

The latter is now such a big problem that I am seriously considering getting an apisto or two.
    I will try to break and scatter them next time....I don't think it's conceit at all, it is a well-planned and well-managed tank

Hate to hear that about those shrimp, such a nice green color against the tan substrate...what kind are they?...if you were on this side of the pond, I'd love to take some off of your hands
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast