· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 
    Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 
    pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl I like your signature - aquariumlover10 
    Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 For being my 7,000th poster! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF - steeler58 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    I can't wait for my 2 to get really noticeable bristles. I think my BN1 is a male, not sure about BN2 - bristles are still just around the lip. Maybe she (?) will be a girlfriend for BN1.

They are my favorite fish, really active and a lot of fun to watch. They are the only species in my tank that were on my very first stocking list from Oct of last year.
    Last edited by gronlaura; 04-18-2013 at 10:12 PM.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Leopard & Zebra Danios, Bristlenose Pleco
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - Amano Shrimp

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

0 Not allowed!
    Love it dutchie! You can definitely tell the bristles are growing. Beautiful as always. =]
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Lousy day at the office, I'm not feeling all that well so what do I do? Grab some tank time with my camera at my side:

This shrimp just doesn't seem to stop growing, it's now about the size of an adult harlequin.

Big shrimp by j_wijnands, on Flickr

a pregnant female:

pregnant by j_wijnands, on Flickr

This green neon is so big that sometimes I wonder if it's a normal neon but the colours do seem to be those of P. simulans.

green neon by j_wijnands, on Flickr

0 Not allowed!
    Awesome, dutchie! My Amano shrimp are also getting quite large. They definitely size in comparison to the Oto cats. haha

Whatever the reason for the size of that neon, it definitely looks healthy and happy. Well done, sir. =]
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Those green shrimp are awesome. I love the natural colouration. What is the species name? Latin and common?
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

0 Not allowed!
    Well... I don't know and no one I've consulted seems to know for sure. I suspect it's a Neocaridina species, probably neocaridina heteropoda. If that has a common name I don't know it.

0 Not allowed!
    Interesting. So it's a wild version of the cherry red. I really like it. I wonder what colour you'd get if they bred with red ones. Brown?

0 Not allowed!
    PRobably. This strain does throw up the occasional colour mutation. I've seen green, blue and almost black. At the moment I'm desperatly trying to sell a few. 7,50 for 10 with javamoss included seems reasonable but no takers so far.

Busy in the leaf litter today:

0 Not allowed!
    I don't think they'd survive a trip to the UK? I'd snap them up from you if I manage to stabilise my current population.

0 Not allowed!
    I'd offer you a hefty discount.

No, not a good idea, packages from the UK tend to take 5-7 working days.

Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast