· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Gold tetra? Not seen these before. Looking at Google Images they look a bit like silvertips. How come you have only one? Leftover from a previous school or an accidental purchase?
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

0 Not allowed!
    I may have missed it but is there an online article of the magazine so we can see it? :)

Pictures stunning as always -- you've really made me crave some Green Neons! Unfortunately I can't justify $7 each for them, vs. $1.50 for a neon!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carapar56 View Post
    Hey talldutchie is there anywhere you know online you could get red oak leaves? I'm finding it quite difficult to find them around my house, they only think I seem to find is black oak, holly, and a few random weird leaves that I can't identify.
    What's wrong with black oak?

Quote Originally Posted by ~firefly~ View Post
    Gold tetra? Not seen these before. Looking at Google Images they look a bit like silvertips. How come you have only one? Leftover from a previous school or an accidental purchase?
    Leftover. Bought a school of that back in '06 I think it was. Soon after fish tb pretty much wiped out my entire tank. By then I had noticed this species was too lively for the smaller tank I had then so I never restocked. This one likes to hang with whatever schooling species I have. At the moment she bosses the harlequins

Quote Originally Posted by ameliaaahx View Post
    I may have missed it but is there an online article of the magazine so we can see it? :)

Pictures stunning as always -- you've really made me crave some Green Neons! Unfortunately I can't justify $7 each for them, vs. $1.50 for a neon!
    There's an ipad edition. If you contact me directly we can work something out,

Over here green neons are only 3 times the price of regular ones. And because the girl in the shop couldn't count I got this bunch for 14 euros.
    Last edited by talldutchie; 03-29-2013 at 06:31 AM.

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

0 Not allowed!
    Apparently from what I've gathered black oak is quite toxic in an aquarium. I'll be going to the Naval Base I used to live on tomorrow to collect some white oak leaves.

0 Not allowed!
    I don't have an iPad. Or i-anything.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carapar56 View Post
    Apparently from what I've gathered black oak is quite toxic in an aquarium. I'll be going to the Naval Base I used to live on tomorrow to collect some white oak leaves.
    Never knew that about black oak.

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

0 Not allowed!
    That's what I thought. I collected a bunch of black oak and probably some red oak too(its impossible for me to tell the difference) then I read a lot of threads on other forums and sites that black oak was toxic. Oh well. Your tank is fabulous. Its really a big inspiration for me in my up coming 20 gallon.

0 Not allowed!
    Was at the shop yesterday to pick up some kh2po4 to get rid of the green spot on the front window. Noticed they had a fresh bag of catappa in. Added one yesterday to the leaf litter and today I've been treated with a very frisky tank. The harlequins are constantly displaying,

Corydoras pygmaeus getting really frisky today:

Lying so still that I could shoot f16 at 1/4.

DSC_8470 by j_wijnands, on Flickr

And an overview. I'm still struggling to find a way to tame the wendelov. And I'm not entirely happy with the right flank of this.

DSC_8481 by j_wijnands, on Flickr
    Last edited by talldutchie; 03-31-2013 at 08:38 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Big daddy show his face again:

finally showing itself again by j_wijnands, on Flickr

Last two weeks I've sold 30 shrimps, doesn't seem to make much of a dent in the stock. :Smile:

0 Not allowed!
    Tank's looking great, dutchie. Again, love the pictures. Awesome shots of the pleco.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast