· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Stocking advised wanted

0 Not allowed!
    My 20 gallon is finally cycling and I'm now looking for tank inhabitants. The dimensions are 24 x 12 x 16 its going to be well planted and right now I have standard aquarium gravel as substrate. Here is my first draft of a stock list.

8-10 blood fin tetra as the main school

I want something for the bottom but not sure what would work best. I have also
    became obsessed with angle fish but I am fairly certain that the tank is to small for one. Just looking for any suggestions .

Awards Showcase

My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus 
    Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 
    for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    for a 20gal, the main school will be ok... Angels require a 29gal minimum with a 55 preferable. Juli cories or other pigmy's would be fine. at that point your are pretty stocked... You may could add a dwarf cichlid like a Bolivian Ram.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thats what I thought on the angle but haven't been able to find anything definite. I've been told that the tank doesn't have enough foot print for any cories? I'm looking at getting 5 or 6 for a nice little school.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    20 gallons does tend to limit you, but I think if you had good filtration, 40gal+ filtration, that a group of 4-5 Julii Cories would be fine.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Definitely too small for angels but naturally one would recommend a nice school of corydoras for the bottom level of the tank.

How about some amano shrimp? They are always interesting and a great conversation piece. They also stay hard at work grazing on algae. :)

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Or any shrimp really, I find ghost shrimp to be fun, or you could get into colored shrimp.

0 Not allowed!
    Your tank is a 20 gallon high. No angels in that tank but the school of tetra's you mentioned would be fine. How about a couple apple snails? Or shrimp?

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I was thinking shrimp as a alliterative to the cories but I would prefer the cories. What is your opinion on cories in the tank?

0 Not allowed!
    Cories need length in a tank because they spend 99% of their time on the bottom exploring - they'd be cramped in anything smaller than a 20gal long IMO - unless it's a dwarf species.
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT
    Remember: Our job is to take care of the water our fish live in

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I've kept cories in a standard 20 gallon before and they seemed fine. You could always go with a dwarf cory just to be safe. :)