· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

0 Not allowed!
    NLS = New Life Spectrum. Its a brand of fish food

HITH = Hole in the head disease
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus
    There's one known side effect of feeding NLS. You're fish will grow up smarter and want to go to Harvard! You'd better hope for full scholarships.
    Ok, so this joke is getting old....can't remember who told it to me in the first place anyway. Must have been 850R...............but I can't remember for sure...mumble...mumble....FK..............fishmom. ........mommy....something like that. KILLER....oh wait, that not it...she hates NLS....lol...Cliff? .....Aeon..no....no....Fish...Fishsomething....
    Last edited by Taurus; 12-08-2012 at 12:19 PM.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino 

0 Not allowed!
    Fishguy2727 is our resident High Priest of the temple of New Life Spectrum. He hasn't been on since July, though... possibly he was tired of all the arguing about NLS supremacy.
    300 gallon mega tank: build in progress
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp
    70 gallon growout tank: clown loaches, sailfin pleco
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish
    29 gallon frog tank: 1 bullfrog
    10 gallon and 5.5 gallon betta tanks: 1 male betta each, sometimes snails

0 Not allowed!
    Brhi, I think we all got tired of that.

0 Not allowed!
    Heh. The product website and the instructions are pretty adamant that you have to feed NLS and nothing else... I find that a bit "fishy" myself. However, NLS (in various forms) has been the only *dry* food I have been feeding for the past 2 years, and all the fish are doing super on it (they get frozen and/or live food once or twice a week as well). One thing I have noticed is that nobody, not even the betta (who tends to overeat on occasion) have suffered and bloat or swim bladder problems since I switched.

0 Not allowed!
    My shell/rock dwellers all seem to love the 1mm pellets and grow flake. Someone should close this thead btw. lol
    Last edited by jeffs99dime; 12-09-2012 at 06:20 PM.

Exclamation Fixed :-P

0 Not allowed!
    Brhi, we all got tired of that.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    I've gone to pretty much just feeding NLS because I can buy the 5# buckets. I've used NLS for a long time, in addition to Hikari and Dainichi.
    Quote Originally Posted by i_am_511
    Lighten up its just the internet its not like someone came in your house and punched a baby in the face.

Awards Showcase

Just Because - Surfdog A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 
    Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass 
    cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 
    We miss you... - Compass thank you for the filter! - RiversGirl for the fun game! - SeaLady Thank you very very much!! - Compass Love the games. Thank you :) - rebecca_finny 

0 Not allowed!
    Brhi, I know we all have been tired of that for a long time.
    I fixed it better.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

0 Not allowed!