· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your LFS

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Lol, common sense isn't as common as it should be! - mommy1   T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7   T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Aqua Serene here in good ol' Eugene OR is probably the best around... Super knowledgeable and friendly staff, they are not afraid to give their regulars a discount, or even the random freebie. Tanks are all pristine and have an amazing selection of fish. The first thing my son always says when we go in is "Gotta go look at the koi fish" in their koi pond by the front entrance and they always give him food to feed them.

Pet time is right across the street and their answer to everything is "yes, it will be fine..." so I've learned not to ask them anything, and on the opposite spectrum the owner of The Nautilus will tell you he doesn't really have any plecos as he takes you around the store showing you everything else he has, asking all about your tank until he's comfortable enough to tell you that yes, in fact he does has this one pleco, and she's a beauty!

Have all the big box stores but with these two good local shops who needs 'em!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the clarification - Mith   A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb   sorry about your angelfish - smaug   Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R   Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    I'm pretty lucky where I'm at. It's not a big city, but I have the usual Pet Smart and PJs Pets, which I almost never visit. I have a Big Als. A couple pet food stores sell bettas (yes in cups) and one garden centre that has a rack of tropical fish in their pond department in the summer, and bettas year round.

There is a local aquarium club, and a local reef club. Private breeders/sellers of fw and sw fish.

And then, if I want to get crazy, Toronto is an hour away with mulitple awesome stores...

I generally buy from Big Als tho...dependable stock, and a couple of the guys there are knowledgeable and have been there for a couple years.

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

To new fish! - Slaphppy7   Second round ;) - Slaphppy7   It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    We have one LFS that is realy a pet store. Than you can drive 3.5 hours south to Lancaster or the same hours north to Reno. The LFS has realy gone down hill the last few years so pretty much order everything now.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1   and gift - mommy1   Thanks for the rep - Cliff   Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff   Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199   

0 Not allowed!
    I have three Big Al's within driving distance which I frequent, a Petsmart which I dont, and a local fish breeder who has awesome stuff for specialized species.
    I miss the small Mom & Pop aquarium shops I remember from the '70 and '80's. They just had a really nice feel with great choice and stock.
    Darn box stores put them out of business.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

To new fish! - Slaphppy7   Second round ;) - Slaphppy7   It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I agree with strider totaly. I owned my own Sporting Goods store till 2000, but it was the internet that put us out of business.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the clarification - Mith   A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb   sorry about your angelfish - smaug   Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R   Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    @ Strider - are you near Toronto? I know the big als in Mississauga (with Dragon Aquarium) and Vaughan, but I don't know of a 3rd...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1   and gift - mommy1   Thanks for the rep - Cliff   Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff   Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199   

0 Not allowed!
    The one in Hamilton, Mississauga, and Kitchener are the three I visit being I'm just west of Hamilton. I miss the Oakville location which closed last year.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    I have two good ones. Ponds and Plants is the first. They are more of a custom shop where the owner houses his fish and plants he uses on job sites. (He builds tanks and animal habitats for zoos and aquariums). Needless to say a lot of the fish he stocks are too big for your average tank, though I do like how he will be up front with you about the adult size of the fish and it's tank requirements.
    Fish Mania is the other one and it is more your average store with a good variety, though prices are a little high.