· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Lightbulb

0 Not allowed!
    You should be aware that the minnows are not going to be very happy at the temps that your cichlids will require as the minnows prefer much cooler temps. You may want to rethink your stocking.

Please check their various profiles here for more info.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ohhhhhhh.

That is much more clear. I also have this habit of not reading things correctly.

so ya, final stocking ideas for you:

8 Black skirts
    the white clouds--850R makes a valid point on those w/ the temp ranges
    Shrimp-I would do cherry shrimp or something that'll give you a lot of fun activity on the bottom floor
    2 Cockatoo cichlids-if you get a m/f. 2 males wouldn't have enough room IMO.
    cant say on the frogs, as I know nothing about them.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hmmm it seems everyone has a different opinion about the max temperature for Mountain Cloud Minnows, they are listed at 22'c on badmans page, however aqadvisor lists 25'c and their wikipedia page lists 26'c. Most sites tend to say either 22'c or 26'c. All I know is mine are doing great and seem very happy (they are at 25'c).

I dont really want 8 Black Skirts as I want a bit of variety in the tank, I really wouldnt want more than 6 if you think that'd be ok?

Im worried cherry/ghost/amano shrimp would be eaten by the Cockatoo's if I got them, I was originally going to have zebra loaches until I found out they would eat the shrimp.

Can I not just have 1 male Cockatoo on its own?

Arrow

0 Not allowed!
    Of the three references listed, Badmans is by far the most trustworthy IMO.

Either way, Living on the very upper edge of the temp is not optimal as there is far less oxygen in warmer water, Just something to be aware of.

Appistos are fine solo, I have one.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 850R
    Of the three references listed, Badmans is by far the most trustworthy IMO.

Either way, Living on the very upper edge of the temp is not optimal as there is far less oxygen in warmer water, Just something to be aware of.

Appistos are fine solo, I have one.
    Badman lists flake food as suitable for african dwarf frogs so I wouldnt be 100% sure on its accuracy :)

Good to hear I could have 1 Cockatoo though, I only wanted to get a a pair if I had to.

Arrow 100% ? .. Neither would I

0 Not allowed!
    Lets not extrapolate, That's not what I said at all. Just that it is more trustworthy than the other two references listed IMO.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 850R
    Lets not extrapolate, That's not what I said at all. Just that it is more trustworthy than the other two references listed IMO.
    Fair enough