· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

I don't like to drink alone..... Cheers - Cliff because they rock! and for showing them to me. - cm12setx Here's to retirement! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the videos and great advice on restocking my dual 29s! - gronlaura for tirelessly showing beautiful, various fish - RiversGirl 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF on the 13th with a full moon. - Taurus Spurs! - RiversGirl Here's a get well soon beer, so get well ASAP. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    feelin your pain - SeaLady Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass Beer reduces kidney stones! - Sandz T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx. Have another on me! - pRED 
    Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Tank looks good, glad to hear everything's going good but the smell .
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

0 Not allowed!
    Ha, yea i had a rough vacation, left the tank for 3-1/2 days... well lost two fish over that time.

Came back, did a 50% PWC and general clean up.

Other than that the tank has been great, finally getting a little growth out of my java fern :). The otos and all other fish love the zucchini I keep in there too

Trying to solve the smell issue though still

0 Not allowed!
    What does it smell like? Could be that's the normal smell of the substrate?
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    I feel like its the smell of the driftwood, can't really describe it. If I take the wood out and soak it, the water I soak it in smells. Do tannins smell?

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, they can. I've never found it to be an overwhelming stench, but it's pretty noticeable. Do you only have Malaysian Driftwood in your tank or is Mopani in there, as well?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Just Malaysian as far as I'm aware, I know its not Mopani.

My filters are constantly red, I think from some dust still kicked up by substrate , and yes I did wash it I guess just not good enough

I have been cleaning the filters off in tank water, and have used poly stuffing also to remove some of the discoloration. Has been a major PITA

0 Not allowed!
    The reason I asked, is because I know Mopani leaches tannins constantly. It takes much more to release all of it, than it typically does for Malaysian. That being said, they both have an odor. If you haven't already, you might want to make sure all of the bark is off your wood, as well. That can make a mess in the tank, too.

0 Not allowed!
    There isn't any bark, but some of parts of the end (its a split piece, so some thin parts) are soft, I am removing those as I go along. And going to start a PWC everyday to try to clear up the tank. Makes me very sad that its so cloudy. But fish and the 1 plant are happy.

Still arguing with myself which light fixture to buy, but I have a few plants in mind that I like, Wisteria, Anubius, and Bacopa are my top 3 right now

0 Not allowed!
    Decided to do a dyi cfl light fixture rather than buy t5 set up

0 Not allowed!
    Tank has been planted!

1 of each of the following:
    Amazon sword
    Wisteria
    Hygrophilia augustifolia
    Moneywort
    red wendtii crypt
    Java fern
    Subwassertang