· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Angry Can a Bicycle Ticket Stay On Your Motor Vehicle Record?

0 Not allowed!
    Sup AC i just had a question for some of you to chime in if you want or had any experience with.. I live in CA and in the summer i got a ticket for running a red light on Bike. I was in the wrong but where i got the ticket made me mad ( its was on a along the pier on the embarcadero in SF right in front of the Giants Stadium. Not sure if i painted the picture right so let me describe the st. Two two lane one way streets devided by street car. This st to be exact http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/11/07/01.../5/628x471.jpg. Only cars can turn into the st No real or dangerous intersections) No cars no pedestrians and i was like on a power ride sprinting down the piers didnt really wanna stop stride , got pulled over was POed but noticed my wrong paid the ticket and learned a lesson. I get a letter in the mail today from my insurance company and my rate is going up and the reason is because they said i ran a red light or failed to yeld at a stop sign. For that ticket my rate is going up fifty something dollars a month adding around 700 dollars a year i have to pay. I have a appointment to renew my license on thursday and i will adress this issue but from what im reading it will stay on my license...

How is this legally right ? I disobeyed a traffic law but i wasnt in a licensed or motorized vehicle? A bike is not a motorized vehicle and i do not need a license to operate one so how would it be legal to affect my driving record? Im very POed that its not looking to be in my favor i just want to know how is these two thing relevant ? I can easily disobey a traffic law on foot aka J walking running in a intersection anything crazy and stupid, so are you telling me i will go to jail and since i have a drivers license that will go on it affecting my insurance rates ?
    110g All Male Peacock/Hap Tank

Awards Showcase

Just Because - Surfdog A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 
    Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass 
    cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 
    We miss you... - Compass thank you for the filter! - RiversGirl for the fun game! - SeaLady Thank you very very much!! - Compass Love the games. Thank you :) - rebecca_finny 

0 Not allowed!
    I suppose a moving violation is a moving violation regardless of the vehicle you were using. I would shop around for insurance before you renew your policy, maybe a different company will give you a cheaper rate.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to contact your current insurance company and ask them to explain why a ticket on a bicycle affects your motor vehicle insurance.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Arrow

0 Not allowed!
    How is this legally right
    Here is your answer:

Bicycle riders on public roads have the same rights and responsibilities as motorists, and are subject to the same rules and regulations.
    From here.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mommy1
    I suppose a moving violation is a moving violation regardless of the vehicle you were using. I would shop around for insurance before you renew your policy, maybe a different company will give you a cheaper rate.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to contact your current insurance company and ask them to explain why a ticket on a bicycle affects your motor vehicle insurance.
    I will do that mommy. I got until the 12th. Thanks for that one did think of that.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 850R
    Here is your answer:

From here.
    I understand the responsibilities and i appreciate your reply. My argument is how is it Legal? The law does not require a individual to be licensed to ride a bike nor is it available or under any of the classes. My vehicle requires me to have a class c license to legally operate it, so how can something that doesnt require anything to operate effect your record? Its unlawful and i am still not sure who is at fault maybe it is the insurance company ? im going to shop around now and see who doesnt include such things. I can understand if its on my record but not as a point. So i am at a loss to whos to blame.

0 Not allowed!
    I understand the responsibilities and i appreciate your reply. My argument is how is it Legal? The law does not require a individual to be licensed to ride a bike nor is it available or under any of the classes. My vehicle requires me to have a class c license to legally operate it, so how can something that doesnt require anything to operate effect your record? Its unlawful and i am still not sure who is at fault maybe it is the insurance company ? im going to shop around now and see who doesnt include such things. I can understand if its on my record but not as a point. So i am at a loss to whos to blame.
    You are sort of mixing the regulatory/licensing legal aspects of differing vehicles with the business model of the Ins company and they are not related.

None of the differences wrt licensing [or not] are relevant to the Ins company. What is relevant to them is that you got a moving violation and that equals a rate hike. It's business as usual and no more complicated than that.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

Awards Showcase

Just Because - Surfdog A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 
    Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass 
    cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 
    We miss you... - Compass thank you for the filter! - RiversGirl for the fun game! - SeaLady Thank you very very much!! - Compass Love the games. Thank you :) - rebecca_finny 

0 Not allowed!
    It is legal because of this statement:
    Bicycle riders on public roads have the same rights and responsibilities as motorists, and are subject to the same rules and regulations.
    It doesn't matter what type of vehicle you were operating. The only thing your insurance company (or any insurance company) cares about is you received a ticket for a moving violation. Any moving violation will count against you regardless of what you are driving. The reason I told you to shop around for a new insurance company is not because they will have different rules, but because they may have different rates.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Because you do not need a drivers license to operate a non motor driven vehicle you do not use a drivers license as ID.

If you jay walk and get a ticket and you use your Drivers license the insurance gets a notification.

I use my plumbers license for these things and the cop gets mad. Tough, The law says I have to carry a photo ID issued by a legal entity. The Chicago Department of Buildings issues me a photo plumbing license. That is what the copper gets to see when I get caught doing wheelies on my 10 speed on the bike path, or when I stagger out of the cross walk. Officer I do not have a drivers license that is why I am Hot footing this 10 speed, Sir.

Get a photo ID issued by a gov agency and stop handing over your drivers license for stuff like spitting on the sidewalk and stepping on cracks.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I didnt have a ID on me i just gave them my name because they said they where going to take my bike until they found out who i was... I just dont get how anyone could accept this maybe its because its not them. If anyone can honestly tell me this is right having delt with this then i will understand but the only people who try to justify this are the ones not dealing with it. I came for comfort not to get the unlawful facts thrown in my face( not taking no shots just really upset) Lets say im roller blading is that a traffic violation so its ok for me to get a point on my license for that? I was moving also? Or does it depend if i was not in the bike lane or not on the side walk? GTFOH SERIOUSLY! (Last i checked its a traffic violation) Thats my same argument with a bike you cant compare or classify anything with something familiar without giving the same circumstances. Thats why tomorrow im going to shop around and mention this while im shopping to get a better rate and leave geico because this make no sense that AUTO insurance is affected my a MANUAL vehicle that requires nothing not even a damn helmet or brakes these days! Its a ticky tack thing thats getting treated like something thats not so ticky tack.
    Last edited by BiGBlak; 11-28-2012 at 03:34 AM.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    This statement:
    Is taken from this site:
    http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/hdbk/driver_handbook_toc.htm
    That makes it lawful, and no one is throwing unlawful acts in your face. Let me spell it out for you in simple terms what that statement means, if you ride a bike and break the law, it goes on your record just as if you were driving a car and break the law.
    Buy you are right, I haven't had to deal with this situation, and your pissy attitude is not one I am willing to deal with, someone else may be along to help you understand, that's the best comfort I can manage today.