· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    As far as i can tell yes it should be cycled i test the water regularly and havent seen any problems till now i also have the 10 gL which is my daughersnow with 3 guppies and 6 baby blk mollys yes i knw i have to find them a home when they grow bigger i had to adults and found them mateing then babies adults habe a new home now but like i said the shark is the only sick fish i have had and have had her about 7 mo. Now she started in the 10 gal and when i got the new tank icycled her water into the new tank and left some for my daugjters new fish (just added more new water to both to fill up.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You can't tell if it is cycled when you don't have readings for the ammonia and nitrites.

and once you know those values, a consistent testing of those values for a few days will reveal having a cycled tank.

so all the factors/issue's pointed out is the reason for your rainbow shark to be i'll. when you stress fish out with UN cycled tank, too small of a tank (for the rainbow) and unhealthy water-fish get ill, 1: being their health declines, 2: stress causes diseases-ich, columnaris, swim bladder issues, ammonia poisioning, nitrite poisoning....the list goes on and on.

now you see why all these "recommendations" are in place.
    by following these guidelines, you can have a happy healthy tank. if you don't. you'll see more issues arise like this.

I've had my tank for about a year, 1 outbreak of ich, and didnt lose anything either (due to me being an idiot and not QT'in new fish) and that was it. no other fish have had issues.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Could it be ich ?

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    unless you see the fish have a "salted" look on its scales-then no. it isn't ich.

you could post a picture for better evidence.

Lightbulb

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by maggotcorpse08
    Could it be ich ?
    Most likely not - or maybe but either way ...

The fact is you have to focus on the issues that have been brought up so far.
    They are fundamental to the health of any tank.

Please review all the info Mizzou has laid out for you so far, You need to apply this information for it to be useful.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Cycling has NOTHING to do with the water, so if you think adding old dirty water to a new tank is cycling, you are wrong.

You are not cycled and that is why she is ill. Do the water changes and stop looking for a cure in a bottle.
    20 gallon with a male betta, neons, glowlights, and red cherry shrimp. (work in progess) Recently added a few LIVE plants and driftwood, Woooohoooo!

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ok so i googled pics of ich and yes she does have a salted look to her. I thought it was sand fron the water changes at first but now it looks more like the pics i googled but no oter fish seem to be affected is that normal or just that it hasen't spread yet?

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i would get a second opinion

i.e post a picture here.

you don't want to treat for the wrong thing. that may do more harm.

reading that you added this fish so long ago now-is another thing pointing out that this fish does not belong in your tank. stressed fish get sick-as i've pointed out.

if it is ich-then it will spread
    if you don't treat it, then it can kill everything in the tank.

also, if you share equipment between your 29 and 10, it can spread to them too.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    So laptop is down only way i could post pic is my new profile pic. All i have is a tablet and it wont let me post pic.