Aquarium Forum
 


Menu
  · Tropical Fish Home
· Fish News
· Aquarium Forum
· Buy & Sell
· Calculators
· Equipment reviews
· Free Aquarium Ebook
· Feedback
· Link to us
· Photo gallery
· Plant species
· Tropica Plant DB
Tropical fish species
· By Common name
· By Scientific name
Tropical Marine fish
· By Common name
· By Scientific name

_________________
 
      
        Via paypal

  AC news is a part of
      Nature Blog Network

      Reef Aquarium Blog

Privacy & Ad Policy

Articles
  · African Cichlids
· Algae Control
· Aquarium Decoration
· Aquarium Resources
· Aquatic Plants
· Barb Fish
· Betta Fish
· Breeding Fish
· Catfish
· Central American Cichlids
· Cichlids
· Clownfish
· Corals
· Corydoras Catfish
· Discus Fish
· Dwarf Cichlids
· Fish Diseases
· Frogs and Turtles
· Goby Fish
· Goldfish
· Gourami
· Invertebrates
· Jellyfish
· Killiefish
· Lake Victoria Cichlids
· Livebearers
· Malawi Cichlids
· Marine Aquariums
· Marine Aquarium Fish
· Other Fish
· Pleco
· Predatory Fish
· Photography
· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SueD
    I have 5 galaxy rasboras also in a 5 gallon with a bunch of cory hasbrosus. Can't see any of them in the photo, but when sitting and watching this tank they are all flitting in and around the plants.
    That's a sweet setup you've got! I'm really digging the long brown-ish sword-like plants. What are they called? I would like to add some to my 20 gallon tank if they are hardy enough.

  2. Default


    0 Not allowed!
    i just received some water sprite and java fern from a friend and she says she doses twice monthly with flourish also and no other special treatment so Im gonna try with my 30 gallon...i hope this works. Live plants really look better than plastic ones...

  3. #13

    Thumbs up


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by koaladarshana
    What do you all think?
    Very nice, Best looking 5g tank I have seen in quite a while.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

    A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

  4. #14

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I'm really digging the long brown-ish sword-like plants
    That's Crypt Wendtii brown, I believe. This tank has Petco gravel and the stock single flourescent tube light. I don't dose anything and things grow well here for some reason. If you have higher light it may grow a little more compact and bushier. This one has grown slowly (good for this size tank) and I'm now seeing some plantlets developing just in time as I'm setting up a Fluval Spec V and need something for that!

  5. #15

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by koaladarshana
    ... and 5 camera-shy galaxy rasboras. I'm curious... What do you all think?

    I think it looks great. Good job.

    Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

    "Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1


  6. Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SueD
    That's Crypt Wendtii brown, I believe... I'm now seeing some plantlets developing just in time as I'm setting up a Fluval Spec V and need something for that!
    Oh sweet, those are hardy plants. I'm going to keep my eye out for them at my LFS.

    Congrats on the Spec V. They are so much fun! Can't wait to see the pics you'll upload.

  7. Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gurglegurgle
    Live plants really look better than plastic ones...
    100% - I couldn't agree more. Plastic plants just make a tank look weird like an alien world, but that's just my opinion...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •