· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    How do they not have enough room they are tiny and have a bunch of open/free space. I don't know anyone who has a larger tank or who even has fish anymore. I'm going to the pet store tonight and I looked it up and the water doesn't have to be really warm and it's not very cold. I have stuff that says it reduces water changes, called easy balance.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyaapperson
    How do they not have enough room they are tiny and have a bunch of open/free space. I don't know anyone who has a larger tank or who even has fish anymore. I'm going to the pet store tonight and I looked it up and the water doesn't have to be really warm and it's not very cold. I have stuff that says it reduces water changes, called easy balance.

Do you have enough room to throw a a football with a friend in a bathtub?

That is the equivalent of those fish in that tank. A 4.5gallong tank isn't suited for anything more than shrimp-maybe ONE betta if you do it correctly.

It doesn't matter how tiny the fish are, they have to have room to move around and do their business. A puppy can fit into a kennel just fine, but you don't think it likes to be in there, does it?

The water has to be between 72-80 degrees. there really isn't an option otherwise. that is their requirement or they suffer. like humans, or range of internal temps before we get ill. the same applys for fish.

and Easy balance doesn't condition the water. you need something that removes the chlorine/choloramines from your tap water. I suggest a product called PRIME. it is concentrated and last's longer than all the other products out there.

Still need a heater

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Okay we'll I'm sorry but we had a beta in a little bowl it was made for betas and it lived for years so I don't understand why one beta could barely fit in this large tank. And none of them are having problems at all, rather than Nemo, and he is mainly just laying on his side and trying to jump out if he gets freaked.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Okay we'll I'm sorry but we had a beta in a little bowl it was made for betas and it lived for years so I don't understand why one beta could barely fit in this large tank. And none of them are having problems at all, rather than Nemo, and he is mainly just laying on his side and trying to jump out if he gets freaked.
    Right, those days of keeping fish like that are long gone.

We keep fish now according to how they live in nature-tropical water, clean water and room to swim.

These are your fish, you are to treat them as you please and let them suffer.
    Nothing I can do about that

0 Not allowed!
    Okay we'll I'm sorry but we had a beta in a little bowl it was made for betas and it lived for years so I don't understand why one beta could barely fit in this large tank. The fact that you do not understand is exactly why you should rehome the fish and do some research about the requirements of keeping fish. You are doing them no favors as it is and the betta is not relevant to this situation & having done it wrong before is not an excuse to continue when you have been informed of proper practices. The plural of anecdote is not data.

And none of them are having problems at all, rather than Nemo, and he is mainly just laying on his side and trying to jump out if he gets freaked.
    It's early & I promise you that their health will decline by virtue of the fact that they are being kept in inappropriate conditions. It's not if - It's when.

To put it bluntly: People here are trying to guide you by giving you the information required to properly care for your fish.
    You can take our advice and apply it, Or you can watch their slow decline and death.

It really is that simple but the choice is up to you.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It is up to me and I have the right things they need. Thanks for saying what I should do. I went to the pet shop and talked them. Goodbye.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Nemo, and he is mainly just laying on his side and trying to jump out if he gets freaked.
    You have all the right things that Nemo is in a constant state of napping...

hopefully he'll wake up soon

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    What answer was this person looking for? Your fish has a cold drop, a few Tylenol in the tank? I registered today just because I read this thread and it made me so angry...

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino 

0 Not allowed!
    "My fish are all fine so don't tell me what to do. Also one or more are dying."

Unfortunately we get people like this fairly often. Some listen, some don't.

Welcome to the forums, by the way.
    300 gallon mega tank: build in progress
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp
    70 gallon growout tank: clown loaches, sailfin pleco
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish
    29 gallon frog tank: 1 bullfrog
    10 gallon and 5.5 gallon betta tanks: 1 male betta each, sometimes snails

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Tanks for everything but he died, it's this thing 1 of 4 gouramis get and he died yesterday morning. Thanks but all my tank is now under control. I have a place for people to test and a reasonable tank size for the fish I have. Hope you all have a good night.