· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

am sure I deserve a few of these... lol - Cyberra Thanks for sharing your X-stitch fish pillow project! - Aminax for being prone to computer problems - Cyberra happy birthday to me... August 29th - Cyberra earned ANOTHER one... siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh - Cyberra 
    I dub thee official greeter to the forum! - korith Happy Belated One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue You need another betta! - Pleco380 it birtha the birthday betta XD - genocidex A birthday betta for you. - mermaidwannabe 
    You need a popsicle after wheelbarrow races! haha - escamosa Where there's plows, there's piggies! :) - escamosa You need some grapes, 'cause they were mentioned in the riddle! haha - escamosa to congratulate you on 2 years! - andreahp Here's one Christmas present! - Rue 
    I'm sorry I couldn't ship you one!! Forgive me! - bethyMT ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith this might help numb your lips lol - Gogi For being awesome and bringing me here. :) - Flyby Stardancer We need to get you up so you have as many bettas as you do in RL. ;) - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolita
    I've never even heard of Giant Betta!
    They're roughly twice as big as a normal betta.

The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of the act

Awards Showcase

For your AC tank! - Northernguy Nice job on the tank! - Brookfish I sure hope this helps! lol Good luck! - Northernguy congrats on the fish - Lab_Rat This is a lucky Neon! - Northernguy 
    Such a good fish Mommy! lol - Northernguy Congrats on your award! - Brookfish Sorry about your Guppy! - Brookfish i hope the guppies are okay :) - Demi ^_^ this is a guppy? lol - domjd05 
    Happy B-Day :) - Agassizii Happy Birthday =D - Aeonflame Happy Birthday! - Brookfish for an excellent post - Lab_Rat thanks for the gift XD - genocidex 
    This makes 2, 8 to go! - homemadepopcorn thanks so much for coming to my aid! - fishmommie 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra
    They're roughly twice as big as a normal betta.
    Ooooh... :O!! I assume, then, that they need a 10g minimum?
    29 Gallon Tank : planted. stock: 2 GBR, 13 Harlequin Rasbora, 5 otocinclus, bn pleco
    Journal

6.6 Fluval Chi: planted. stock: 1 male halfmoon betta
    Journal

Awards Showcase

am sure I deserve a few of these... lol - Cyberra Thanks for sharing your X-stitch fish pillow project! - Aminax for being prone to computer problems - Cyberra happy birthday to me... August 29th - Cyberra earned ANOTHER one... siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh - Cyberra 
    I dub thee official greeter to the forum! - korith Happy Belated One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue You need another betta! - Pleco380 it birtha the birthday betta XD - genocidex A birthday betta for you. - mermaidwannabe 
    You need a popsicle after wheelbarrow races! haha - escamosa Where there's plows, there's piggies! :) - escamosa You need some grapes, 'cause they were mentioned in the riddle! haha - escamosa to congratulate you on 2 years! - andreahp Here's one Christmas present! - Rue 
    I'm sorry I couldn't ship you one!! Forgive me! - bethyMT ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith this might help numb your lips lol - Gogi For being awesome and bringing me here. :) - Flyby Stardancer We need to get you up so you have as many bettas as you do in RL. ;) - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolita
    Ooooh... :O!! I assume, then, that they need a 10g minimum?
    Yup, 10g minimum. Big betta, lots of fin space.

http://www.ram91giantbettas.com/Imag.../KGB----09.jpg Normal betta and giant betta... size comparison. Giants are BIG fins

The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of the act

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hi all...the bettas are here. I have roughly 14-16 of them. Still very baby-like at 10 weeks old.

I have many to share...if you were on the fence aobut a giant, or perhaps just want a regular size (I have some too), they are here and need a good home. They will be shipped expedited to your home or to your local post office, and I will charge nothing more than that expense.

Please PM me if you are interested. I'd rather these guys go to forum members who will care for them properly than send them to the LFS, where it may be a death sentence.

Thanks,
    Beth

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Guessing you won't want to ship to Canada? I would love a male
    40 gallon: native tank, rock bass, yellow perch, chub minnows
    20 gallon: (cycling, will be) 6 zebra danios, 6 cardinal tetras, RCS, moss wall
    10 gallon: salamander halfmoon betta named Gilligan(my avatar), RCS

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I want a red-and-black giant male SO BAD ;_;

Did you get my PM about my friend Icy?

0 Not allowed!
    I have a giant at work, he is much larger than a normal HMPK but still by no means a huge fish. Most giants today only reach the 3.5-4" mark...you could honestly keep one quite happily in a 5.5G tank. A lot of reference states a giant betta can get to 6" but I have never seen photos of a fish over 3.75". However by betta standards that is still quite large and yes about twice the size of a normal.

I must also comment on the OPs level of kindness to "spread the wealth" by offering these fish at cost of shipping.
    Last edited by MCHRKiller; 12-01-2012 at 10:30 PM.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHRKiller
    I must also comment on the OPs level of kindness to "spread the wealth" by offering these fish at cost of shipping.

Awww shucks, thanks. But, I'm only doing expedited shipping because of the season...so that's not cheap! But way cheaper than buying the betta itself and dealing with transhippers and such (so I have been told). It comes me to you, and I happen to love the little things, so you know I'll do my very best to do this right.

Sorry, no shipping to Canada...I don't have the capability to do it. I feel like I keep waving this carrot in front of you guys, my apologies for that.

Awards Showcase

For your AC tank! - Northernguy Nice job on the tank! - Brookfish I sure hope this helps! lol Good luck! - Northernguy congrats on the fish - Lab_Rat This is a lucky Neon! - Northernguy 
    Such a good fish Mommy! lol - Northernguy Congrats on your award! - Brookfish Sorry about your Guppy! - Brookfish i hope the guppies are okay :) - Demi ^_^ this is a guppy? lol - domjd05 
    Happy B-Day :) - Agassizii Happy Birthday =D - Aeonflame Happy Birthday! - Brookfish for an excellent post - Lab_Rat thanks for the gift XD - genocidex 
    This makes 2, 8 to go! - homemadepopcorn thanks so much for coming to my aid! - fishmommie 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHRKiller
    I have a giant at work, he is much larger than a normal HMPK but still by no means a huge fish. Most giants today only reach the 3.5-4" mark...you could honestly keep one quite happily in a 5.5G tank. A lot of reference states a giant betta can get to 6" but I have never seen photos of a fish over 3.75". However by betta standards that is still quite large and yes about twice the size of a normal.

Hmm... If they can live happily in a 5 gal I would consider one! For Christmas, I'm bought my sister and nephew a fluval chi like mine and will be getting him a betta for it! A giant betta would be a real treat.
    29 Gallon Tank : planted. stock: 2 GBR, 13 Harlequin Rasbora, 5 otocinclus, bn pleco
    Journal

6.6 Fluval Chi: planted. stock: 1 male halfmoon betta
    Journal

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    *pokes BethyMT* I sent you a note about my friend in Washington who would like two giants... I was wondering if you got it. She's the person who got me hooked on them, and she lost most of her bettas when some jerkoff poisoned her tank. She's had big bettas before... A king betta who had a taste for crickets.