· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Don't do danios, they are too active.

Harleys would be great...in a species-only tank, 10 would work I think.
    20 gallon with a male betta, neons, glowlights, and red cherry shrimp. (work in progess) Recently added a few LIVE plants and driftwood, Woooohoooo!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Perfect and they're active enough that i could view them in my bedroom. the tank would be in viewing site of my bed. The heater in my tank usually keeps the temp around 80 degrees.

go fishless cycle go...

If i have to go cherry barbs if i can't get the harleys would the same number work in a species only tank, or would i have to decrease it to 8

20 gallon tall - 3 paskai's neon red rainbow, 5 paskai's blue eyed rainbowfish, 8 harlequin rasbora, 2 blue ninja shrimp, 6 cherry shrimp, 2 nerite snail, 1 bronze cory, 1 peppered cory, 1 julii cory, 2 pc driftwood planted with anubias and narrowleaf java fern.
    Other plants in tank - 1 bunch anacharis, 1 bunch water wysteria, 1 package of B. Caroliniana, 1 Crypto Luten, 1 red wendii, Mossball.
    Cinnamon = 9 year old Siamese Cat[
    1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice

0 Not allowed!
    Cherry Barbs, if by themselves, you could probably have 8 of them but you will need more females than males. Females are more brownish/reddish and males are bright red.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You can try the dwarf cories. Look at hasbrosus cories. I do tend to overstock my tanks a bit, but I think you could easily fit 6 of the dwarf cories in a ten.

I started with only 3 in a 5 gallon tank and they surprised me after about a year by breeding successfully. I sold 3 dozen to my LFS, moved 4 out to another tank, and now have about 10 still in the 5 gallon with 5 CPD's. I've just picked up a Fluval Spec V (on sale today) and will be moving about half the cories to that when I can get it cycled.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    what are CPD?

20 gallon tall - 3 paskai's neon red rainbow, 5 paskai's blue eyed rainbowfish, 8 harlequin rasbora, 2 blue ninja shrimp, 6 cherry shrimp, 2 nerite snail, 1 bronze cory, 1 peppered cory, 1 julii cory, 2 pc driftwood planted with anubias and narrowleaf java fern.
    Other plants in tank - 1 bunch anacharis, 1 bunch water wysteria, 1 package of B. Caroliniana, 1 Crypto Luten, 1 red wendii, Mossball.
    1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Celestial Pearl Danios...the only exception to no danios in a 10g. They are very small, and quite pretty, though I've never seen one in person.
    20 gallon with a male betta, neons, glowlights, and red cherry shrimp. (work in progess) Recently added a few LIVE plants and driftwood, Woooohoooo!

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    looks like they breed very easily though. I don't mind the egg laying but i want all the eggs to be eaten lol as we all know, ten gallons can't support fry if the tank is already fully stocked.

Also i don't have any place to put any more tanks

1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice