· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Lightbulb Where Do I Go From Here

0 Not allowed!
    Hi guys,
    thank you all for the speedy replies to my first thread
    I've read through the ebook and now I'm wondering what to do with my current situation.
    As of now all the fish have died save for my small purplish betta.
    I have the 8L bowl with 1 small air stone.
    What are the most essential pieces of equipment I Need?
    Should I keep the betta in this size bowl to begin with?
    If yes how do I go about doing a cycle since the betta is here i.e. fishless vs fish cycle?
    I was naive when I began, I don't want to be stupid as I continue.
    Thank you all in advance.

2. Exclamation

0 Not allowed!
    can I trust the information in this link?
    http://www.aquariumguys.com/betta-fi...e-article.html

0 Not allowed!
    2 gallons is too small for even the Betta. I would find it a home or pick up a 5-10 gallon tank. I paid $8 for my 5 gallon, slapped a cheap filter on it and heater and done.......for maybe $20.
    I would not get another fish until I had the tank for them. Buying equipment for a 2 gallon tank is simply a waste of money when it's inadequate to start with.

It simply is not far to fish to buy them without having a proper home for them.
    Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 11-21-2012 at 11:12 PM.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    As of early this morning it too was dead!
    this is depressing, less than two months and everything has gone from excitement to death!

Awards Showcase

Happy Christmas - MuckyFish thanks for advising on vegetables for my kribs! so here is a discus - ScottishFish You help a lot - PhillipOrigami For the bank account, and thx for the rep - Cliff beautiful discus! - Crispy 
    I know this doesn't help but it's all I can do! - chrisfraser05 for all the wise advice you've given me - fishmommie Congrats on 2000th post! - andreahp Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~ appreciate it. - fishmommie Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith For all the good advice you give. - ~firefly~ 
    Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff thanks for the rep points.  appreciate it - fishmommie happy friday! - mojosodope Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep! - steeler1 

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry for the loss - for the future, remember, if the fish are in distress a 50% min to 90% water changes every day can save them if the issue is fish waste due to lack of a uncycled filter. Cycling a filter takes 3 - 6 weeks and will be required. If you do want fish, consider this and, of course, try and get a tank large enough to support the number of fish you want.

Best of luck in the future

0 Not allowed!
    I will 2nd & 3rd the above. Even though a small tank might have pictures on the packaging showing fish in it, that doesn't mean you should put those fish in it - that's marketing only, not reality.
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT
    Remember: Our job is to take care of the water our fish live in

Awards Showcase

T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 feelin your pain - SeaLady Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass Beer reduces kidney stones! - Sandz T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Thx. Have another on me! - pRED Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 
    pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    As mentioned; if you want to keep any kind of fish, get the biggest tank you can afford and go slow.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

8. Smile

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you all, very much, for the advice I'm currently looking at how big a tank I can afford and how much commitment I can put into maintaining the Fish. I don't want to make the same mistake twice.