· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Question Want to get an Pleco.

0 Not allowed!
    I am getting a new tank soon well actualy first tank and it will be 365.63 Liters (I think that is 80 US Gallons).I will already be getting 6 anglefish. I am pretty sure that there will be enough free space for them. And wanted to also get some Plecos either 2 (I want 4 but I am not to sure if there will be enough space for that). So I do not know what specias to get since I know some can grow 80cm big. I was considering these pleco so far.
    ) Clown Pleco \ I know they small but I think a little to small for my liking.
    ) Candy Striped Pleco \ Not to sure since they do not eat much algae.
    ) Bristelnose Pleco \ Most fond of this one. Nice size and enjoys algae.
    ) Leopard Pleco \ Do not know much besides my friend has got one and his tank is only half mine (Yes i did asck him about it and he said that it looked cool so he bought it and if it grows to big he will just give it back)

So yea thats it what would be the best Pleco for me to get is there perhaps another one that I did not mention and i will really like.

0 Not allowed!
    365L= 95USG

IMO Bristlenosed plecs are a fine addition [I have L144s ] although you should be aware that they are not going to be doing much glass cleaning [IME] and they do need to be fed.

Find out all you ever wanted to know about plecos/catfish by clicking here.

I hate to tell you this but 6 angels is too many for your tank when mature, I had two mated pairs in my moderately planted 90g for years but adding another one resulted in its death. They are simply too territorial to coexist in groups of that size in [relatively] confined spaces.

Personally I would wait for them to pair up, Pick the pair you want and rehome the rest. Four is possible [2 mated pairs] for you if there is LOTS of cover to keep them out of each others sight lines. 6 angels to maturity is out of the question IMO.

Are you familiar with cycling a tank?
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Arr only 4 . I checked out that site so i will needa give them some wood to chew on and feed them veggies does not seem difficult. And for cycling all i know is that if you leave your tank for a month and it should cycle by itself i heard I can use some blends to speed up the process so that would not be to much of a problem for me. So 4 anglefish and 2 pleco would that be the max fish I could keep in the tank. I wouldnt mind adding a goldfish if i could now Or one other fish if I can.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Scholz
    Arr only 4 . I checked out that site so i will needa give them some wood to chew on and feed them veggies does not seem difficult. And for cycling all i know is that if you leave your tank for a month and it should cycle by itself i heard I can use some blends to speed up the process so that would not be to much of a problem for me. So 4 anglefish and 2 pleco would that be the max fish I could keep in the tank. I wouldnt mind adding a goldfish if i could now Or one other fish if I can.
    No it won't LOL

You need to add pure ammonia to get the cycle started - personally, I wouldn't recommend cycling with fish in the tank. YOu can also put used media from an established tank into your filter(s) to speed up the process but it won't happen by itself.

You should read about fishless cycling and do that before putting fish in the tank.
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT
    Remember: Our job is to take care of the water our fish live in

0 Not allowed!
    No GF - They are cold water poop machines, Your stock so far is tropical.

You have plenty of options for additional fish, What do you like?

RE Cycling: No, That is simply an ineffective waste of power and time. Please read this: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640

The red stickys here will be very helpful to read as well: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...splay.php?f=66
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    I'm afraid your information on cycling is incomplete. A tank with nothing in it - or even additives does not cycle by itself.
    You might want to read the red stickies of the forums as stated above.

If you try to stock all your fish at once in an uncycled tank, you are just about guaranteed to lose most of them.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Oh seems like such a mission though. I know I have well water well a little of it and does anyone know about Microdabe special blend(Name might be a little incorrect) I know a guy that uses it in his tank and has not had to many casuelties and he reccomended it to me. Is there any 'easy' way to get past cycling or another solotuion.

Arrow And it is easy, It just takes time and diligence. :-D

0 Not allowed!
    Never heard of that product, Have a link?
    Is there any 'easy' way to get past cycling or another solotuion.
    This IS the easy way. Please read the links provided.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well i checked out some older emails and found the real name it is called Microbe-Lift Special blend. Will try to post a link later.
    And about the fish again how many plecos could I keep with 4 anglefish and still have space for 1 goldfish as i really love goldfish.
    Last edited by Tyler Scholz; 11-20-2012 at 04:50 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    That is a link to an entire store. Not a product. Please go up and edit your link to the actual product you refer to.

I have never used bacteria in a bottle but any kind of product of this type will have its fans and others will call it ineffective snake oil and and a waste of money.

Either way . . You can grow what's required in your filter without it.

And about the fish again how many plecos could I keep with 4 anglefish and still have space for 1 goldfish as i really love goldfish.
    None, See here. As already stated, If you want this to be a GF tank you can't keep the angels in it. If you want angles.. No GF.
    Last edited by Goes to 11!; 11-20-2012 at 04:52 PM.