· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shidohari
    I loved the aquarium, can't wait til your fish start growing out more, the colors are awesome.
    Thanks me too, hope i dont have to re home many of them and they get along right now im looking for some german reds i dont have any that will develope a red color as adults for the main color.
    110g All Male Peacock/Hap Tank

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BiGBlak
    Do landscaping companies cut or break some of their rocks if asked ? i tried breaking one of these boulders and i felt sorry for the curb lol.
    lol i wish you would have made a video of that . sounds funny , did the curb break apart?

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dane
    lol i wish you would have made a video of that . sounds funny , did the curb break apart?
    Lets just say i took a good few chunks out of it and no damage at all on the boulder lol. You would think that would work to some extent lol but nope.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Lets just say i took a good few chunks out of it and no damage at all on the boulder lol. You would think that would work to some extent lol but nope.
    yea they look heavy too . but yea good job on the tank how long do you think it will take for the fish to grow out . those Nimbochromis venustus are gonna get HUGE

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Seeing them everyday i say some noticeable change probably 6 months maybe less full grown more then that of course. Yea on the Venustus just read up on the size they can reach might have to get rid of one of them. I was thinking the max for all the fish i got wouldnt be over 8 inches.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Seeing them everyday i say some noticeable change probably 6 months maybe less full grown more then that of course. Yea on the Venustus just read up on the size they can reach might have to get rid of one of them. I was thinking the max for all the fish i got wouldnt be over 8 inches.
    that's not too long but yea those are nice fish if you have males for sure they should get that nice blue coloring i had one before when i first started out it was a female though great fish

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Nice video! Looking forward to more pics!
    Livestreaming my 220 Gallon Aquarium
    5.5 M Betta
    10 Pea Puffers
    20 Harlequins, Neons, Platies, Guppies, Cories, Nerite Snails
    55 Silver Dollars, Pearl Gourami, Hillstream Loach, Mollies, Serpae Tetras, African Dwarf Frog, Leopard Bush Fish, Bleeding Heart Tetras, Chocolate Talking Cat, Banjo Cat
    55 Red, Blue, Boesemani Rainbows, Zebra Dainos, Zebra Loaches, Platies, Moonlight Gourami, Bristlenose Pleco
    35 Red Tailed Shark, Amazon Puffers
    220 Black Skirt, Lemon Tetras and Bala Sharks

0 Not allowed!
    Already mentioned but you have got to have rock so they can get into them and find caves for themselves. Doesn't take long at all to take a drive and collect a ton of rock. Or better yet, to a rock quarry and get a bunch of slate.

9. Default Update

0 Not allowed!
    Heres a new vid of the Peacock tank. Ive added some rock and im actually pleased with the way it looks and turned out the be, it really gives the fish a bunch of little crevices to hide and sleep not a big fan of piling a ton of rock so this will very well do i do have 3 more pieces i will add later down the road but thats it. Well enjoy my BIG DAWG of the tank be PO'ed because i changed the feeding schedule so hes chasing everyone even fish he never did before.

0 Not allowed!
    Beautiful tank, BigBlak. Really love your choice of Cichlids - they're very colorful. I like how they flare out their fins, when in pursuit, curious or startled.

The rocks look nice. That's a good variety, also with nice coloring.

To answer your question about breaking rocks... not sure if construction companies/builders will do it for you, but it's easy enough with a sledge hammer or pick-axe.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?