· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Any one has any Leopard ctenopoma? I have some qustions C:

0 Not allowed!
    I've been doing a lot of research in the past two days on them ever since I seen one at petsmart. I know the different between the African bush fish and the African spotted leaf fish. Bush fish are smaller in size, 2 " correct? Or is it 4"? And the spotted leaves are bigger getting about 5 or 6"?
    My main question is can I house one in a 22 cube NPT if he is the only fish? Is probably throw in some ghost shrimp and Guppies.for.him to nom on and I have an apple snail in there at the moment but. I might.move him if it would be.too crowded.
    Please.give me.some more.info and opinions are appreciated.

The dimensions are
    16 x16" wide
    20 tall.
    I can take a picture if tall need one but there are some modifications I need to make.
    I plan on getting more plants like jungle Val and another amazon sword. Right now I have one amazon sword two aponogetons a wendtii crypt wisteria and a water lily.
    Let me know if tall think it will work! Thanks!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsKourtneyYoC8
    I've been doing a lot of research in the past two days on them ever since I seen one at petsmart. I know the different between the African bush fish and the African spotted leaf fish. Bush fish are smaller in size, 2 " correct? Or is it 4"? And the spotted leaves are bigger getting about 5 or 6"?
    My main question is can I house one in a 22 cube NPT if he is the only fish? Is probably throw in some ghost shrimp and Guppies.for.him to nom on and I have an apple snail in there at the moment but. I might.move him if it would be.too crowded.
    Please.give me.some more.info and opinions are appreciated.

The dimensions are
    16 x16" wide
    20 tall.
    I can take a picture if tall need one but there are some modifications I need to make.
    I plan on getting more plants like jungle Val and another amazon sword. Right now I have one amazon sword two aponogetons a wendtii crypt wisteria and a water lily.
    Let me know if tall think it will work! Thanks!

Okay I'm very confused. Are they or are they not the same fish? .

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The term bushfish is a common term used to describe members of the ctenopoma family of labyrinth fish. there are many varieties that range in size from 1 inch (microctenopoma) up to 10 inches(Kingsleyae).The leopard bushfish(Ctenopoma acutirostre)attains an adult size somewhere around six or eight inches.It is peaceful,but will eat small to medium sized fish.The true african leaffish(Polycentropsis abbrevita)stays around two inches and is a very touchy fish.the ghost shrimp will be food for both of the mentioned species.
    Last edited by skullduggery1; 11-19-2012 at 11:03 PM.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by skullduggery1
    The term bushfish is a common term used to describe members of the ctenopoma family of labyrinth
    fish. there are many varieties that range in size from 1 inch (microctenopoma) up to 10 inches(Kingsleyae).The leopard bushfish(Ctenopoma acutirostre)attains an adult size somewhere around six or eight inches.It is peaceful,but will eat small to medium sized fish.The true african leaffish(Polycentropsis abbrevita)stays around two inches and is a very touchy fish.the ghost shrimp will be food for both of the mentioned species.

Thank you. That cleared up some things. I'm leaning more towards the true leaf fish but would it be.possible.to.house the bushfish if he was by himself?
    Last edited by ItsKourtneyYoC8; 11-20-2012 at 04:18 AM.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Does anyone think it would be possible to house the bigger one if he were by himself?
    Jut wondering because if so it wouldn't matter which one I got.