· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Where are some good places to buy fish?

0 Not allowed!
    As we all know, Petsmart and Petco aren't exactly the best places to buy aquarium stock. So what places are? Websites or locations.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I guess it depends on your perspective.

I find that the petsmarts and petcos differ wildly from each location.

Many times the stock they get in are very nice, so if you know what day they get new stock in the door, then wait 24-48 hours (to minimize fish stress) and then take them home before they have had too much time in an overcrowded tank. Pick out the ones you like the best and if they dont make it, you can always return them with little greif from the big box pet stores.

However you can always do a google maps search of your area and find the independant pet stores. You will pay more money but they are more likely to be knowledgeable about fishkeeping and may be able to work with you on unique purchases. You should also spend some time visiting and touring before buying. See how good the fish look and if they last over a week in the tank before you buy. Talk with the owner and see if they are more interested in selling fish or preserving fish quality of life.

I would avoid online orders for nice fish. I think the stress of shipping is more than any petsmart, but thats just one guys opinion :)
    55 Gallon Freshwater Tank (semi-planted) 48"x21"x13"

Video of 55GAL Tank - DEC 2012

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Northern nj theres absolutely fish in clifton, pets place II in nanuet and reef encounters in hackensack

0 Not allowed!
    Were are you located ?
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    You can also look for breeders of the species you want to keep. I just got mine from a breeder that advertised on craigslist and I did local pickup. Very convenient, I must say. Always check the stock's health and overall tank health/cleanliness before making a purchase though. Ask as many questions as possible also like what temp are they in currently, what foods do you feed them, ph level, etc.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Oregon has:

"the wet spot / the cichlid exchange" huge location, fantastic freshwater selection, great online service - portland

"all for fish" three floors of aquatic stuff, fantastic marine selection - albany

"Nautilus Tropical Fish" owner always there, great mom and pop shop, really cares about his fish - springfield

"Aqua Serene" very clean, great staff, good equipment and plant selection, huge selection of pond equipment and indoor gardening equipment - Eugene

"Summit Micro Farms" great selection of good quality semi-rare shrimp species - bend i think? online sales all I have seen.
    "A grain of sand is all I ever wanted to be. Lay me down and let the water wash over me, wash over me." -Mickey Newbury
    ~-~-~ }~)){'> <}MocE{> }~)){'> ~-~-~
    Prove that size doesn't matter www.bigfishcampaign.org
    Painted fish belong on canvas, not in aquaria www.deathbydyeing.org

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I usually go to the mom and pop fish stores is what I like to call them. I'm lucky and have 3 that are by my house.