· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: Betta's

1. Smile Betta's

0 Not allowed!
    Hi everyone I am new to this so bare with me! I have 3 betta's all in different tanks. I would like to get a 5 gallon tank and divide it so I have them all in one tank. I know you are going to say that is too small BUT I found out I am getting one for Christmas. Also I think I overfeed my fish! Any help will be appreciated!

0 Not allowed!
    Yep a 5g is a bit small. You could get a bare 10g tank from walmart for around $12 and split that. For feeding 2-4 pellets a day for each betta is plenty. Most fish are opportunistic feeders, given a chance to eat when they see food they will, not knowing when their next meal will be. So they can very easily overeat and health issues/death.

0 Not allowed!
    A 5 gallon IS too small to partition for three Betta. I would also see if the person getting you the tank could get you a ten.
    2 10 gallon tanks, 1 20 gallon tank, 1 Fluval Edge, 1 29 gallon tank, and one backyard pond.

0 Not allowed!
    +1 to all of the above - Most forum members would put ONE betta in a 5gal.
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, green corys, 1 guppy, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT with green corys & 2 guppies

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    As said above 5 gallons is far too small to split between three bettas. Betta need at least 5 gallons per individual. All of this betta in a vase or a jar BS that you see around is perpetuated by people who have no idea what fish need or how long a betta can actually live. Increasing a bettas space from a vase to a five or 10 gallon aquarium will increase its lifespan a good six years. Also if you're going to divide a single tank for them you have to make sure that the divider is not translucent. If they can see each other they will constantly be stressed and squaring off to challenge each other. Unless you can get them interested in each other but that is kind of advanced breeding tactics. Welcome to AC.
    "A grain of sand is all I ever wanted to be. Lay me down and let the water wash over me, wash over me." -Mickey Newbury
    ~-~-~ }~)){'> <}MocE{> }~)){'> ~-~-~
    Prove that size doesn't matter www.bigfishcampaign.org
    Painted fish belong on canvas, not in aquaria www.deathbydyeing.org