· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phos- x

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

*kicks* :P - Drumachine09   RAK - DemonShark   For Your Help & Friendship! Thanks! :) - MeganL3985   Welcome to the SW club! - Drumachine09   To a fellow 20g + cube tank - A340   

Default Phos- x

0 Not allowed!
    I picked up two packets of Phos-x for a dollar at the store that closed... it says it removes phosphates, trates and trites. I think I will add this into the filter after my cycle, or should I add it now? Has anyone had experiece with this?
    10 Gallon/ Quarantine
    Sump Project

29 Gallon
    8 Black Skirts
    10 Neons
    1 Clown Loach
    2 Ottocinclus
    1 Albino Cory

24 Gallon
    Finally Cycled!
    6 Blue Legged Crabs
    Anthelia
    Nuclear Holocaust Zoas
    Frogspawn
    Brown Caribbean Paly
    30 LB LR
    20 LB LS

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wecome to the forum - Lady Hobbs   ...Use it wisely. - Drumachine09   Superman of tanks big and bigger - Lady Hobbs   Cheers! - alizee340   for knowing stuff - Nick_Pavlovski   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dave66   

0 Not allowed!
    Do it after cycle, before algae attacks. Those ferric oxide pellets work just fine.

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Don't give up! - Rue   good poster - Lady Hobbs   something to chew on :) - Dave66   *kicks* - Drumachine09   Have a slice on me, thanks for the other forums! - Bill M.   

0 Not allowed!
    I got some kind of algae ball today...it looks like a sponge, I forget the name of it. However, it removes phosphates and nitrates.
    It kind of just floats around in the water.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco   You make me laugh! - Drumachine09   And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona   wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco   DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco   
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    zackish, you mean moss ball AKA marimo ball? i have a few. theyre native to japan, and are great filters and catchers for food. bottom feeders love to eat the food that gets stuck to them

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wecome to the forum - Lady Hobbs   ...Use it wisely. - Drumachine09   Superman of tanks big and bigger - Lady Hobbs   Cheers! - alizee340   for knowing stuff - Nick_Pavlovski   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dave66   

0 Not allowed!
    Guys, marino balls are freshwater. Bill's question was in the saltwater forum.

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco   You make me laugh! - Drumachine09   And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona   wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco   DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco   
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave66
    Guys, marino balls are freshwater. Bill's question was in the saltwater forum.

Dave

lol, yeah, that too, moss balls are only for FW.

and yep, add the phos-X after the cycle

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Don't give up! - Rue   good poster - Lady Hobbs   something to chew on :) - Dave66   *kicks* - Drumachine09   Have a slice on me, thanks for the other forums! - Bill M.   

0 Not allowed!
    It's a SW type algae thing. It is a real common name, I have heard of it before. I will get the name of it. It reminds me of a tumbleweed but just for SW.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a cookie! - Drumachine09   You need a fish...and thanks for the information. - squirt_12   

0 Not allowed!
    I'm using RowaPhos, it's super expensive though, but sucks up phosphates like a Rainbow vacuum.

Let me know how that stuff works for ya
    James Tucker
    Clearwater, FL USA
    40 Gallon - 30lb LR

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~   Merry Christmas - Cliff   Merry Christmas my friend! - Taurus   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Happy New Year! - Slaphppy7   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jeffs99dime   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jeffs99dime   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer   For the donation...thanks! - A340   Merry Christmas :) - squirt_12   Merry Christmas! - SkarloeysMom   Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! - 2manyfish   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Drumachine09   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Drumachine09   Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Drumachine09   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Drumachine09   Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Drumachine09   

0 Not allowed!
    I havent seen ANYTHING that will just remove nitrates, besides plants.
    Money can't buy happiness, but it sure can pay the rent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast