I have been keeping reef tanks for several years and have never had a sick fish. I recently transferred my 90g reef down to Vero - now it's a 220g reef. I recently added a small cleaner shrimp since I lost my other one in the move. Immediately after adding the cleaner shrimp my two tangs and trigger lined up to get clean. Since the waiting time was so long for each fish I decided to add another small cleaner shrimp to the tank. Now my trigger (pinktail) has a cloudy eye and my yellow tang has a swollen eye. The majority of answers I found online stated that it would be a bacterial infection, but I'm not sure how this would have made it into the aquarium. There has been some tension between the larger fish - vlamingi tang, yellow tang, and pinktail trigger as to dominance of the new tank. All parameters are spot on for the reef - clueless...

Is this a result of a bacterial infection or could this be cause by stress and injury due to the recent dominance battle? Could the cleaner shrimp have caused this? Of course I am scheduled to fly out of town tomorrow for a week - timing never was my thing...

My only experience with something like this is in freshwater after large cichlids have been fighting. When that happens all you have to do is give it time and it will heal. Am I that fortunate in this scenario? I hope so...