· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default New Here & To The Hobby

0 Not allowed!
    Hi,
    I'm new here and to the hobby.
    Its now almost 2 months since I bought a small 8 liter fish bowl for my then 2 gold fish, 1 beta $ 1 black moor. I added two more fish to the mix, 1 lion head & 1 angel fish.
    Unfortunately they have began dieing!!!
    I woke up one morning and 1 gold fish had died. then the angel fish, then the other gold fish jumped out at night and was seen the following morning. this morning the black moor!

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry but I smell Troll. No one would have all those fish in a bowl much less even one of them.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    whats a troll?
    I actually bought the bowl with the first 4 fish and the guy I bought them from sold me the later 2.
    So now I'm searching the net to find out whats going on.
    I'm leaving in East Africa and having an aquarium is actually done by hotels!
    I'm now looking for advice from those who have aquariums and experience because it doesn't make sense to me or my 3yr old why our fish are dying

0 Not allowed!
    Well, I guess you can ask yourself how all those fish can actually live in a 2 gallon tank. It's impossible. A 2 gallon is barely large enough for shrimp.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    Well, I guess you can ask yourself how all those fish can actually live in a 2 gallon tank. It's impossible. A 2 gallon is barely large enough for shrimp.
    As mentioned a 2g tank is only suitable for shrimp, If you get a larger tank we can help you stock it appropriately.

As evidenced by the results you are seeing, You are literally shortening their lifespan having them in there and this will only continue.

If you are intent on keeping fish, You need to return those fish to the shop immediately so that you can research while you get a bigger tank.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    I would suggest reading the below. This will give you the information that you will need to fix the situation you are currently in.

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome! :)

The 8 L bowl is not large enough for all those fish. One golfish would be enough in a bowl like this, and not a fancy one like the lionhead-- just a regular small one. Can you return the other remaining fish back to the store?

In the meantime in another post it was suggested you should read the ebooks linked. This would be a VERY good idea before you start keeping more fish again. You can tell your son that they are dieing because they were sick, which isn't far from the truth. :)

Hope this helps!

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    And I would like to say, we're here to help you as best we can--- not to intimidate. Please continue to keep us informed about anything you might have to say about your situation.

0 Not allowed!
    No goldfish belongs in 2 gallons.

A Goldfish chart is listed in my signature.

@Pam......I would read the links supplied by cliff and start reading up on keeping fish, how to cycle a tank, the size tank needed to survive and what kind of filtration they need. All those little fish you see at the fish store grow. Moor goldfish, for instance, grow to 10".

Also, goldfish are cold water fish and the others are tropical. They need a heater but above all else you must have fish tanks that can accommodate them and all fish need a filter. I would suggest returning the fish you have and getting some shrimp perhaps for that 2 gallon?

Good luck.
    Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 11-17-2012 at 04:12 PM.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    One small feeder goldfish is ok in two gallons, although I agree that it shouldn't be there. I am assuming, of course that you don't have any bowl heater or anything like that... Correct me if I'm wrong.

Are you planning on getting a larger tank, or does your location inhibit you from getting more equipment? Do you have filtration or an air pump?