· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hobbs that is what I was saying there was no discussion on it, not like poster was trying to convert people. lol I beleive i have mention God on here before, just dont want to get banned for doing so lol

Lightbulb

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishFish
    Religious discussion is prohibited on the AC
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelfish11788
    I beleive i have mention God on here before, just dont want to get banned for doing so lol
    If you can tell the difference between a discussion and mentioning a deity now and then... You are at no risk.

And back on topic...

Quote Originally Posted by firefly
    Anything (fish or dog) that is worse off (in health) because of its selective breeding is a massive turn off for me.
    Totally agree with this.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    Not even close to a reason for banning, goofy.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    lol, just wondering, i have been on lots of forums and you wouldnt believe, well you probably would.. I like this one and wanna stay,

well guess i could put my view.. which i am 50/50 on it, I like some hybrid fish and not 100% on how they are made, if you put 2 differant types of fish and they mate on there own, no problem but when dying, injection or artifcial stuff is being done I dont like it.
    Last edited by Angelfish11788; 11-17-2012 at 02:39 PM.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ok, maybe not purely "black & brown", but not far...
    Attached Images Attached Images

0 Not allowed!
    Those angels do not appear to be a naturally ocurring wild species. Look up P.scalare, P. leopoldi and P. altum.

Also, that is only one variety of discus found in the wild.
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    While I have a had time saying anything about Pink Angels(I bred Black-Lace Super-Veils) I can talk about Culling. Every once in a while, due purely to genetics, I would get some young that weren't all Black( Heavily Marbled) or had deformed or non-veiled finnage. These I would cull, to a 250 gallon Fiberglass, aerated and heated tank in my Garage. They were fed and cared for until I hit a certain population level. Then I would put an Ad in a couple of the nearby newspapers and call some of the petstores I sold to and would have a free giveaway with the proviso that they not breed them. After two or three days my Tank was usually empty.
    These Angels would range from dime-sized to half-dollar sized. I just couldn't be ruthless with them and they got a lot of people interested in the hobby. People would set up tanks and call me, asking when my next giveaway was. I gave them out four at a time to individuals and eight at a time to the fishstores. I would try to make sure at least half were not deformed.

Running this tank bit into my profits a bit but, made me feel a lot better about myself. And, it was great PR.

Every Breeder a responsibility to the fish they breed when dealing with culls. You have two options, euthanize or find them a home. My wife thought it was funny, I'm a long-time hunter and fisher. She thought it pretty weird that I could take a Deer or Turkey or a Pheasant but, couldn't kill a fish.
    Last edited by Dave Waits; 11-17-2012 at 06:07 PM.

Awards Showcase

TGIF on the 13th with a full moon. - Taurus Spurs! - RiversGirl Here's a get well soon beer, so get well ASAP. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 feelin your pain - SeaLady 
    Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass Beer reduces kidney stones! - Sandz T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx. Have another on me! - pRED Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus 
    Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady 
    the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Alot of good points but I would not buy them. I've been interested in the Zebra Glo-fish for some time but they are illegal in California.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    @Dave-
    good for you and really funny your wife mentioned that.
    different when its your own pet you are raising.

back to the OP.

i couldn't get myself to purchase those fish.
    1: i think they are ugly
    2: when modifying any animal like this and it does more harm..i'm not supporting it.
    humans have been messing with genes and breeding since they were discovered. for the sake of science and discovery, i'm all for it as a learning experience. but if they try to mass produce/sell it. not my cup of tea.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I can't really give my opinion on these Genetically engineered angelfish onacounta this isa PG website.

Oh, negatory by the way. Full on hard throttle negative on those.