· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Supreme Aquaking

0 Not allowed!
    HELP!! Just wondering........... does anybody out there know where I might get parts(or a whole "new" filter) for the old Supreme Aquaking? I contacted E. Danner Inc. (who used to make them), & they discontinued making them several years ago. Shame, because even though they were loud & ugly, MAN, could they filter a tank!! Especially if you have large central american cichlids that make a huge mess. Mine just died after about 20 years of service. Any help at all would be appreciated!

0 Not allowed!
    Maybe this can help. I did a Google for ya on parts for it.
    Here's the results:
    Used Supreme Aquaking Parts

Do you know why it died? A motor issue, or something? 20 years is really good product life.

0 Not allowed!
    As I recall, and given the age it would be really easy to be wrong, the motors were standard sewing machine motors. Of course "they" don't make that size anymore.

Lightbulb

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbosman
    As I recall, and given the age it would be really easy to be wrong, the motors were standard sewing machine motors. Of course "they" don't make that size anymore.
    Sewing Machine Motors? Dang, if that's all they are, then go buy a standard electric motor and do some customizing. That's what I'd do.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Or maybe just bite the bullet and splurge on a nice rena,eheim,fluval filter? Get another 20 yrs of quiet performance

0 Not allowed!
    ^^^^ Or yea, do what Smaug said. Would be a whole lot easier.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bignellm
    Maybe this can help. I did a Google for ya on parts for it.
    Here's the results:
    Used Supreme Aquaking Parts

Do you know why it died? A motor issue, or something? 20 years is really good product life.
    I already did that, & came up w/ same results, & NOBODY carries the parts for these filters anymore. E. Danner, Inc. stopped making them quite a while ago & also stopped carrying the parts. But, thanks for trying!! DAMMIT!!

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by smaug
    Or maybe just bite the bullet and splurge on a nice rena,eheim,fluval filter? Get another 20 yrs of quiet performance
    I'm not a big fan of canisters, bit if I'm going to get one, it will probably be an Eheim. I've got my eye on one, but what size(or model #) for a 180 w/ Centrals in it? Want to make sure I get the right one. Bear in mind, it will be strictly for mechanical/chemical filtration, as I have a wet/dry that does 1250 gallons an hour( all my readings are 0.0)

0 Not allowed!
    If that filter gave you 20 years of service, and because they are "loud and ugly" why not just replace it with a new filter? Why put money into something that old when parts are hard to find? Next week it might be the impellor or seals or something else.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    If that filter gave you 20 years of service, and because they are "loud and ugly" why not just replace it with a new filter? Why put money into something that old when parts are hard to find? Next week it might be the impellor or seals or something else.
    Looks like I'm gonna have to, as the manufacturer no longer makes them, & as they have been dsicontinued for quite a while, I can't even get the parts. The reason I want to replace this one is that, w/out exception, it was the most powerful "power" filter I have ever owned. Kept tanks w/ big, messy cichlids absolutely crystal clear. "Loud & ugly" was not a reason I would switch. Just kinda hoping I could find someone who knew where I might obtain parts.