· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Red face again and again...

0 Not allowed!
    Today I notice one of my cory panda has a tear right behind his first (closer to his head) right lateral fin.
    How should I watch for it?
    Anything I can proactively do to prevent secondary infection?
    Anything I can do to healp the healing be faster?
    Have no idea how this happened, the roughest thing in the aquarium are the driftwoods.
    Is it me? I don't seem to have any peaceful time in my peaceful community .

Awards Showcase

I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass 
    this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass 
    No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass thank you for the filter! - RiversGirl 
    for the fun game! - SeaLady Thank you very very much!! - Compass Love the games. Thank you :) - rebecca_finny TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks for your help & points. - metweezer 

0 Not allowed!
    Clean water is the best thing to help speed up the healing. You want to watch the torn spot to make sure it doesn't show signs of rotting, white patches along the edges of the tear.
    I don't know if it's you, the decorations, or the other fish in the tank. What other fish do you have that might be nipping at the cory. Malnutrition can also cause fins to split, what are you feeding the fish?
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I clean and do a 30% water change every week. there is only the cory panda and 3 nerite snails in my tank right now. I feed them sinking pallets, flakes, blood worm twice a day and occasionally some algae sinking pallets.
    I can post a pick of the tank because I have no idea what's in it that could be hurtful, nothing to me seems sharp and rough, but maybe a pair of new eyes might see something...

Awards Showcase

I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - Compass 
    this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass 
    No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass thank you for the filter! - RiversGirl 
    for the fun game! - SeaLady Thank you very very much!! - Compass Love the games. Thank you :) - rebecca_finny TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks for your help & points. - metweezer 

0 Not allowed!
    It is probably catching it on the driftwood. While it is healing I would increase the water changes two or three times a week. They usually heal up pretty quick, but need clean water to do so.
    What brands are the pellets and flakes? I wouldn't give them bloodworms so often, they aren't all that nutritional and are usually considered treats.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I use Tretramin crisps for tropical fishes and Hickari bottom feeder sinking pallet, Hikari algae wafers, I don't remember the brand of the blood worms.
    I alternate between those, there main food is the bottom feeder pallets once a day, Then The other feeder I alternate between the flakes and the blood worms, once a week I give them an algae wafer that is their only food for the day (the wafers are pretty large).
    I will up my water changes.
    How often should I give them blood worms? I thought they were rich in proteins?

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I did a 30% water change yesterday, and today it looks already better much smaller and barely visible. Thanks for your help.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Glad to hear it is doing better.