· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Question GErman blues at high Ph?

0 Not allowed!
    Has anyone ever kept German Blue Rams at a Ph above 7.2?
    Tanks: 30 gal community and 10 gal shrimp/community
    Journals Here

Awards Showcase

For your AC tank! - Northernguy Nice job on the tank! - Brookfish I sure hope this helps! lol Good luck! - Northernguy congrats on the fish - Lab_Rat This is a lucky Neon! - Northernguy 
    Such a good fish Mommy! lol - Northernguy Congrats on your award! - Brookfish Sorry about your Guppy! - Brookfish i hope the guppies are okay :) - Demi ^_^ this is a guppy? lol - domjd05 
    Happy B-Day :) - Agassizii Happy Birthday =D - Aeonflame Happy Birthday! - Brookfish for an excellent post - Lab_Rat thanks for the gift XD - genocidex 
    This makes 2, 8 to go! - homemadepopcorn thanks so much for coming to my aid! - fishmommie 

0 Not allowed!
    It's my understanding that GBR can be kept at a higher pH as long as they're acclimated very well and the other water conditions are ideal for them!
    29 Gallon Tank : planted. stock: 2 GBR, 13 Harlequin Rasbora, 5 otocinclus, bn pleco
    Journal

6.6 Fluval Chi: planted. stock: 1 male halfmoon betta
    Journal

0 Not allowed!
    I've been keeping them at 7.6 for years with no problems.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    +1 to that, what is your current pH?

and I'm doing a second attempt with rams.
    I've got a 7.6-7.8 pH (that color is tooooo hard for me to read)
    First pair of rams-one killed the other-and the other...not sure why/how he died :(

so i'm trying out another pair to see if I can do it again, if they don't make it-then i'll give up on rams as it could be my pH, hardness, other factors I cannot/do not want to change.

0 Not allowed!
    I think the hardness of your water is more important than the pH. Do you know what your KH is?

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My tap water ph is 7.7-7.9 ish. I agree with mizzoutank: that color is too hard to tell. I don't change it using droplets or whatever, and I don't know what the hardness is. Someone I asked today said that our water is a little hard, but not that hard. My overall parameters are ph 7.8 ish, ammonia <25ppm, nitrite <40 ppm. The plan is to incorporate a pair into a well established 30 galllon planted tank with cover with black neon school and harly rasbora school.
    Journals Here

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentoads41
    My tap water ph is 7.7-7.9 ish. I agree with mizzoutank: that color is too hard to tell. I don't change it using droplets or whatever, and I don't know what the hardness is. Someone I asked today said that our water is a little hard, but not that hard. My overall parameters are ph 7.8 ish, ammonia <25ppm, nitrite <40 ppm. The plan is to incorporate a pair into a well established 30 galllon planted tank with cover with black neon school and harly rasbora school.
    A cycled tank should have 0 ammonia and 0 nitrites.

Awards Showcase

I don't like to drink alone..... Cheers - Cliff because they rock! and for showing them to me. - cm12setx Here's to retirement! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the videos and great advice on restocking my dual 29s! - gronlaura for tirelessly showing beautiful, various fish - RiversGirl 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF on the 13th with a full moon. - Taurus Spurs! - RiversGirl Here's a get well soon beer, so get well ASAP. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    feelin your pain - SeaLady Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass Beer reduces kidney stones! - Sandz T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx. Have another on me! - pRED 
    Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    + 1 tate8 good answer.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    To amend my earlier post, my nitrate is <40, nitrite is 0ppm. Ammonia still <25 ppm
    Journals Here