· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Default Shuld i put him Back ??

0 Not allowed!
    I took that bronze cory out i had him in a plastic container as i was afraid he was going to die, but three days later he is still alive should i put him back in the main tank

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    If he's not showing signs of sickness or disease i say YES. You may have been over reacting, at times my fish are sleeping, but they look like they are barely breathing.

You have stressed the poor guy out even more i think by removing him from the tank and stopping his acclamation process to the environment there.

If you think you'll need one in the future, then i would suggest you invest in a quarantine tank for situations such as this. That quarantine tank has to be cycled just like the community tank before you can use it, but it will be only for fish you're singling out for one on one monitoring.

20 gallon tall -7 paskai's rainbowfish (neons and blue eyes), 8 rasbora het, 2 blue ninja shrimp, 9 cherry shrimp, 3 algae eating shrimp, 2 nerite snail, 2 pc driftwood planted with anubias and narrowleaf java fern.
    Other plants in tank - 1 bunch anacharis (separated), 1 bunch water wysteria (separated), 1 red wendii, Mossball, 1 microsword plant (separated), 1 package of staurogyne repense (separated)

Cinnamon = 9 year old Siamese Cat[
    1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shidohari
    If he's not showing signs of sickness or disease i say YES. You may have been over reacting, at times my fish are sleeping, but they look like they are barely breathing.

You have stressed the poor guy out even more i think by removing him from the tank and stopping his acclamation process to the environment there.

If you think you'll need one in the future, then i would suggest you invest in a quarantine tank for situations such as this. That quarantine tank has to be cycled just like the community tank before you can use it, but it will be only for fish you're singling out for one on one monitoring.
    Funny you say that but im getting a quarratine tank on wed , are you saying i must have it on all the time even though there will be no fish in it ??
    Could i just use some of the water form the main tank etc ???

4. Default

0 Not allowed!

Funny you say that but im getting a quarratine tank on wed , are you saying i must have it on all the time even though there will be no fish in it ??
    Could i just use some of the water form the main tank etc ???

this is the Tank : http://www.adverts.ie/pet-accessorie...mment_11033099

Lightbulb

0 Not allowed!
    Use new water - the cycle is in your filter Media NOT the water.

No the QY need not be up all the time.

Search 'quarantine' or 'QT' as a thread title and all will become clear about how to set up/maintain a QT tank.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I don't have a quarantine tank of my own, so i can't comment. the information you may want to post here to that effect incase someone that does have one responds, is how big the quarantine tank will be gallonwise. I can't view the link as i'm not logged in under you.

also read the stickies around the forum in regards to cycling without fish for the qt tank, you cannot use it til it's cycled which could take at least a month or more depending on the size of your tank, and the speed it cycles.

If you haven't bought a API Freshwater master test kit yet, please do so. I had used strips before i got mine, and the API kit is so much more accurate.

dang it ninja'd by 850R

20 gallon tall -7 paskai's rainbowfish (neons and blue eyes), 8 rasbora het, 2 blue ninja shrimp, 9 cherry shrimp, 3 algae eating shrimp, 2 nerite snail, 2 pc driftwood planted with anubias and narrowleaf java fern.
    Other plants in tank - 1 bunch anacharis (separated), 1 bunch water wysteria (separated), 1 red wendii, Mossball, 1 microsword plant (separated), 1 package of staurogyne repense (separated)

1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice

Talking You can now view it :-D

0 Not allowed!
    I can't view the link as i'm not logged in under you.
    There are ways around that . . . Ninja ways

dang it ninja'd by 850R

Last edited by Goes to 11!; 11-13-2012 at 12:43 AM. Reason: $0rr¥ ƒ0r 7h3 h19hj4(|{ 1 jµ$7 907$ 70 b3 m3, ¥4 |{n0w.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    dangit again 850R...why you have to be such a LEET Ninja

1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice

9. Default Does this tank seem ok for a Quarantine ?

0 Not allowed!