· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

1. Default Looking for tank mates.

0 Not allowed!
    Hello,

I have 9 corydoras panda and I am looking for middle to top swimmer was thinking maybe either blood fin or lemon tetras....
    my pH 7.8, temp kept at 76 degrees. I would like them to stay rather small if schoolers as I have a 29 gallon
    Any suggestion for me?
    I am considering adding peat to my filtration (want to be around 7.5) but i am not sure how to proceed so if anyone as a suggestion on that side I'd love it too.
    Last edited by Delphe; 11-12-2012 at 09:49 PM.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    One of my favorite tetras is glowlight tetras. They look awesome in a low-light tank with plants. You could also do neons, serpaes, silvertip basically any small-medium tetra you want.

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino 

0 Not allowed!
    Is there a reason you feel the need to tinker with your pH? 7.8 is perfectly good for almost all commonly available aquarium fish, and it's usually better not to mess with pH at all.
    300 gallon mega tank: build in progress
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp
    70 gallon growout tank: clown loaches, sailfin pleco
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish
    29 gallon frog tank: 1 bullfrog
    10 gallon and 5.5 gallon betta tanks: 1 male betta each, sometimes snails

Awards Showcase

for your advice and support! - gourami*girl Dude, Thanks from those of us that can only send help. - 850R Have a cool one after helping those around you - Cliff You will probably need a few more of these before you are done - mommy1 Thanks for helping get peoples lives back to normal - mommy1 
    and one more - mommy1 Have another - KingFisher and one more because we all appreciate what you are doing. - mommy1 Looks like your down a qt - Cliff Yeah, because you still need more appreciation. - mommy1 
    It HAS to be time for a burger, There might be more beers on the way :-D - 850R Your effort in NYC is appreciated! - Cory Catfish We all appreciate what you are doing! Thank you! - Cory Catfish thank for being you - Lady Hobbs more - Lady Hobbs 
    For all your hard work - sailor to bolster your spirits - fishmommie Well deserved - Aeonflame Have another on me - Aeonflame Cheers! For all your hard work! - Trillianne 
    Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - C-Dub Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - C-Dub Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - C-Dub Autism - C-Dub Childhood Cancer - C-Dub 

0 Not allowed!
    Agreed, 7.8 should be ok- remember to drip acclimate. Grab a little air bubbler hose, a potato chip bag clip, and a 5 gal bucket. Syphon tank with air hose, use clip to adjust syphone to a slow drip, and 2 hours later you got yourself a perfectly acclimated fish.

I think serpae tetra havent had the greatest reputation on this site lately, people seem to be having nipping problems, but any of the other previous suggestions would make great additions. I like cardinal's personally for that size thank.
    55 Gal- Fluval 305 & Aqua Clear 70;
    2 Gold Veil Angels, 1 GBR, 1 Gold Nugget Pleco, and 11 pesky Zebra Danio's.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brhino
    Is there a reason you feel the need to tinker with your pH? 7.8 is perfectly good for almost all commonly available aquarium fish, and it's usually better not to mess with pH at all.
    Yes and No, haven't had much success with neon tetras and although I thing I got a bad group that finally took them all (ick and probably some fungus) if I can say, I have now a quarantine tank. I've had the corys for 2 months and lost 2 a couple weeks ago, the others look good though.
    I know it is better to stick with what I have but I just wonder if it is good enough for them to grow strong and have a long life. Peat is the most natural way to take that pH down a notch and for a long time, though unlike product there is no dosage or time or protocol for 0.3 or 0.5 as I still want to be able to see the fishes. I don't know, a thought on what I could ameliorate for my little aqua world.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, it seems that the Serpae are nippy little fishes, and I don't want to take a chance with the corys, they are pretty though. :-).
    Cardinals are beautiful I agree but I am not sure they are right for me now as they are sensitive fish.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You could get a school of bleeding heart tetras, if you could find some. Ember tetras are also very cool,and very small.